Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

who was told no uncorking with a 60d>75d or originally 75d in USA only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please post here iF your model s either 60d>75d(AFTER YOU UNLOCKED BATTERY) or original 75d is being told not eligible to be uncorked.

Please also list manufacture date and where you are located and any details either the SC or freemont has told you.Lets get to the bottom of the true reason why our cars are ineligible. thanx

ALSO**** anyone who was eligible and uncorked in usa and who's car was built at same time as the ones told uncorked please also chime in with build date and location. I know there is the spread sheet but i am looking for some reason that only a few certain cars cannot be uncorked..

I have a 139XX S 75D that Tesla and the SC said was eligible. When they went to do the update they changed their mind and said that it was not eligible anymore. They said that the PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER for my car is 3 and that is why the update cannot be done. Is this the case or should 3 or greater be eligible for uncorking? The car used to be a 70D and then I upgraded it to 75D.

@gregtopf, what is your VIN range? Curious to see how it relates to my car.

Its odd that its showing ineligible as the google doc list shows similar and older VIN's as being eligible. Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

ok 2/2017 build i think is gen 3? 60d unlocked to 75d.Was told no by service center a few days ago so escalated and no word from tesla Fremont.
So COntacted diff service center guy who now says it is eligible and mon have an appt to uncork it. But i will only believe it when i see it and AFTER it is actually corked.

11/2016 build 169XXX. S60D to S75D done about 6 weeks ago.Contacted Fremont via MyTesla and was told that I was eligible so I booked an appt at Vancouver BC SC. After about 1 hour in shop I was notified that they could not do the uncorking. Sent email back to original emailer at Fremont to say WTF is going on. Today I got an email from Fremont saying that the car does not have the right hardware for uncorking.

• Disagree
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I have a 139XX S 75D that Tesla and the SC said was eligible. When they went to do the update they changed their mind and said that it was not eligible anymore. They said that the PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER for my car is 3 and that is why the update cannot be done. Is this the case or should 3 or greater be eligible for uncorking? The car used to be a 70D and then I upgraded it to 75D.
My May '16 build vin 138XXX 75D (originally 70D) was deemed ineligible by the Rockville, MD SC. They hooked it up and told me something inside the battery made it ineligible. It's in the tracker spreadsheet; so far there is only 1 record of a car with battery part number 1072923-00-A getting uncorked.

Was told by local service center manager capable and that if I get the range upgrade I can get the performance upgrade. Paid the upgrade (4.5k+tax) while the car was at SC doing something else. Picked up the car and was told not eligible because protocol number is 3 for my car, and need greater than 3 for the uncork. Maybe I made the mistake of asking a service manager instead of corporate executive team?

11/2016 build 169XXX. S60D to S75D done about 6 weeks ago.Contacted Fremont via MyTesla and was told that I was eligible so I booked an appt at Vancouver BC SC. After about 1 hour in shop I was notified that they could not do the uncorking. Sent email back to original emailer at Fremont to say WTF is going on. Today I got an email from Fremont saying that the car does not have the right hardware for uncorking.
Uncorking really isn't a big deal. I tried it on a loaner and yes, it is a little bit faster, but NOTHING like a P85D!

I have a 12/2016 75D that I bought as a 60D. Local SC said I couldn't uncork it. But based on other folks in this forum who had VINs that were older than mine saying they had it done, I was pretty sure I could pay to undo the range downgrade and make it happen. I called corporate to confirm, and after quite a bit of research and asking around and calling me back - they confirmed that yes, it was eligible. So I souped up my car with a mouse click.

I never would have paid the $2k for the extra range, but getting the range + the horsepower seemed like a bargain.

I was worried that it wouldn't make a noticeable difference, but wow... yeah... it's about another 100HP or so and I definitely notice. And I love it.

Uncorking really isn't a big deal. I tried it on a loaner and yes, it is a little bit faster, but NOTHING like a P85D!
I drove my wife's S75D to the uncorking appointment and easily noticed more power when merging into a toll lane (10mph-60mph acceleration). Agreed it's not as much power as P85D (I drive one so I speak from experience), however the S75D uncorking is definitely noticeable. My wife noticed more power immediately too. Can you live without it, absolutely. Is it fun, definitely. Is it useful, sometimes.

Nobody said it was like a P85D so that's important to note

As for the difference everyone who has had this done has said the difference is significant. Having had a number performance cars I can tell you this performance bump would be like picking up 60-70 for lbs of torque and hp and that is significant and something to be excited about.

You're the only person I've heard try to say it wasn't a big deal. Is that because your car wasn't eligible?

Was told by local service center manager capable and that if I get the range upgrade I can get the performance upgrade. Paid the upgrade (4.5k+tax) while the car was at SC doing something else. Picked up the car and was told not eligible because protocol number is 3 for my car, and need greater than 3 for the uncork. Maybe I made the mistake of asking a service manager instead of corporate executive team?
Why was it 4.5k?

My car was uncorked by engineering today OTA under a local tech supervision. I have not been provided a explanation why the original tech saw 3 for my isensorprotocalnumber which is not uncorkable but now is uncorked by engineering. Anyways all is good now.