Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who washed and waxed their car today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full foam and 2 bucket wash and a fresh coat of Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste Wax on this fine early spring Saturday. The Big Man has never looked so good! (my X100D is proud to be named Clarence Clemons).

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180407_170808.jpg
    MVIMG_20180407_170808.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 102
Kinda goes to show that one does not always need PPF to keep the car looking new as long as he or she takes good care of it. How many miles on it and have you driven a lot on highways too?

Just under 5,000 miles. Yes highway and country roads and city. All of it.

I will say this: The folks that wrap their cars, and can afford to do so, have a point. I do have the first rock nick on the front. Very small but when you wash and wax and detail your own car you see everything. I can see where a projectile hit the paint, left a very very small divot, and it is visible and rough to the finger touch. About the size of a pinhead or maybe slightly larger than a pinhead. I am very sure that a protective wrap would have absorbed this divot and self healed the wrap in a few days. This is why folks wrap. (or at least a major benefit in addition to looks). I elected not to do this. I will wash and wax and drive my car as a daily driver and be as careful as I can.

What procedure do you guys use? Looking to really detail our X for the first time. Looked into clay bar, polish, and sealant. Anything I;m missing?

The first step is the wash. I started this thread back in February it will give you all the info you need.

Foam Cannon and Air Compressor Recommendation

As for claying and polishing and the next steps, I am still working on that. For now I just threw on a coat of really good wax that smells amazing and puts on a gloss like you would not believe. It's supposed to be my final step but I skipped a bunch of steps lol.

The first step is the wash. I started this thread back in February it will give you all the info you need.

Foam Cannon and Air Compressor Recommendation

As for claying and polishing and the next steps, I am still working on that. For now I just threw on a coat of really good wax that smells amazing and puts on a gloss like you would not believe. It's supposed to be my final step but I skipped a bunch of steps lol.
How much of the foam soap would you say you use for each wash?