TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Who will be the first US new home builder to offer Tesla Solar Roof

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by joefee, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
?

Who will be the first US new home builder to offer Tesla Solar Roof

This poll will close on May 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM.
  1. D.R. Horton Inc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Toll brothers

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Lennar Corp.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. PulteGroup Inc.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. NVR Inc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. joefee

joefee 2M+ page views on TMC Threads

#1 joefee, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Who will be the first US new home builder to offer Tesla Glass Tile Solar Roof?

2. nativewolf

nativewolf Member

Good on you for trying to keep solar roof topics going. I'm in. No idea who the major green builders are out there in CA. It won't be someone I know. MD has some strong incentives so maybe there..Toll is a good bet, as good as any I guess.

3. Lpchicago

Lpchicago New Member

Lennar has recently made technology a key focus of their new homes. If Tesla roof is indeed priced around the cost of asphalt roofing, they could soon offer it. KB Homes / TriPointe homes will likely be the first though as they both have heavy footprints in California where the zero-net-energy requirements on all new residential construction is scheduled to take place by 2020. No shock Tesla is in front of this Title 24 regulation.

http://www.builderonline.com/builder-100/strategy/2020-vision_o

4. kort677

kort677 Banned

however the reality today is that the tesla roof cost is far higher than a conventional roof. until the prices for the tesla roof becomes more inline with conventional roofing I do not see too many people who would be willing to pay the premium for the tesla roof.

5. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

What I want to see is who starts building entire developments powered solely by Tesla/SolarCity micro-grid tech and solar.