Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will join Class Action: Tesla Stole my Settings!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree, but don't hold your breath.

I've been asking since 3/2016 for Tesla to provide an option to sort the "Favorite Destinations" list alphabetically or just do it by default. It has always been LIFO (Last In, First Out at the top of the list). It is a trivial computer science function call to sort this linked list. They could even do a slow "bubble sort" on it since the list is pretty small. I would add the one line of code needed for free under NDA to call the built-in sort function if they would just share the tiny piece of their C++ code that adds a new favorite to the list.

I have 80-100 favorites and it is very inconvenient to eye scan to find what I'm looking for. I have to remember if it is an "old" place I added or a "newer" place. My lame old ICE Mercedes vehicles used to alpha-sort their saved destinations.

For example:

Costco Burbank
Costco Fremont
Costco Marina Del Rey
Costco Sunnyvale
Whole Foods Beverly Hills
Whole Foods Fremont
Whole Foods Malibu
Whole Foods Santa Clara
Whole Foods Santa Monica
Whole Foods Westwood​

that's 10 right there!

When I go to the stockholders' meeting this year, I may resort to asking him why there is no option to sort the navigation favorites list alphabetically, instead of when he plans to release a 3rd party Tesla app developer's platform. :cool:

Why so many favorites? I only use navigation to go somewhere new, or haven't been in a really long time. If it's a "favorite" I'd think I'd remember how to get there. I guess if you're using navigate on autopilot a lot it might be useful, but that only works on the freeway so these places would need to be far away for that to be really useful.

Why so many favorites? I only use navigation to go somewhere new, or haven't been in a really long time. If it's a "favorite" I'd think I'd remember how to get there. I guess if you're using navigate on autopilot a lot it might be useful, but that only works on the freeway so these places would need to be far away for that to be really useful.
I find favorites to familiar places useful first and foremost to give traffic and fastest route info. No as useful for people in smaller towns with less chance of rerouting. I also use it a lot if I am in an unfamiliar area and need to get back to familiar roads on my way home or back to work.

Okay, the obligatory joke before I reply below:

Case update: My attorney is suing Tesla for the black wall connector I earned in that referral program *and* Google over their defective AI/ML gmail Python code that put Tesla's email in my junk folder so I missed it. We are now in the discovery phase. My $500/hr attorney filed a motion with the Court to forensically examine Google's gmail source code to find the deep neural network decision node that flagged my Tesla notification email as "spam". I've hired a software forensic analysis team based in India at only $100/hr. After my case concludes, they will rewrite gmail and sell it to the Chinese for 69,000,888 USD in hard currency. The Chinese will add "Great Firewall Privacy(sic) Mode" and call it CPmail (Communist Party mail) and make it mandatory for all Chinese citizens except for Central Committee members.

Maybe I have an unusual use case and should use voice input more often? I live in Fremont, CA, and LA. LA only since 9/2020 so I haven't memorized the insane network of freeways here nor what lane(s) you need to be in to transition. I'm constantly using Navigate On Autopilot, which works great for me, especially on the 405!

Russ Engle on Twitter

I have a wall connector in Fremont, but can't install one in my building in LA so I'm supercharging all the time here. I also have many fave entries for investment properties so I don't have to memorize all their addresses when I have to pay them a visit. Basically, every place I expect to drive to several times in LA I favorite. In Silicon Valley, I know my way around.

I've been using automobile GPS mapping since a 2000 MB SUV. After 20 years, my hippocampus has probably shrunken to the point I couldn't memorize the LA freeway network if I tried. There is a research paper about this. They compared hippocampus sizes of London taxi drivers who used GPS and did not and found a statistically significant difference in their hippocampus mass. I guess the old adage: use it or lose it is true!

London taxi drivers and bus drivers: a structural MRI and neuropsychological analysis.

My car was in the Service Center this week for installation of Auto Pilot HW3, and when I got it back, all of my settings were gone! Bluetooth, trip meters, driver settings, wifi, locations, preferences. All of it. Those were MY settings. I spent HOURS putting them in and MONTHS perfecting them, and then Tesla STOLE them from me! How the heck am I going to get back my precise driver's seat settings? What if I get Sciactica? Is Elon going to pay my doctor bills for THAT?

Have you had this problem? Who else has had this problem? If you have had enough, please reply to thread or PM me. Maybe we could organize a group and STOP Tesla from this harmful practice. We need to take back our cars! This midnight raiding of settings needs to STOP.

[If you read this far and you have a sense of humor, you should realize - though the underlying facts are true - this is a parody of the Class Action threads that crop up weekly on the forum over the most ridiculous things. I'm not suing. Plus, I wanted to see if a thread with "class action" in the title gets more views. I think we know the answer!]
I have your missing settings. Send me $100 in Bitcoin and I will return them to you.

Maybe I have an unusual use case and should use voice input more often? I live in Fremont, CA, and LA. LA only since 9/2020 so I haven't memorized the insane network of freeways here nor what lane(s) you need to be in to transition.

I grew up in LA so I know the area pretty well, but I've lived in the Bay Area for decades.

I have to guess that you are living in or near Universal Studios (Back to the Future ) since you have been there since 9/2020.

• Funny
Reactions: engle and CharleyBC
I grew up in LA so I know the area pretty well, but I've lived in the Bay Area for decades.

I have to guess that you are living in or near Universal Studios (Back to the Future ) since you have been there since 9/2020.

Didn't you know that all time is happening at once dude? Pass the bong! :D

PS. If these TMC posts will be my only legacy, then it's a pretty sorry one! :rolleyes:

Isn’t Tesla Service a party that can be trusted?

There's a Party at the service center? Hell yea, I'm in!

party.JPG

• Love
Reactions: tomas
Okay, the obligatory joke before I reply below:

Case update: My attorney is suing Tesla for the black wall connector I earned in that referral program *and* Google over their defective AI/ML gmail Python code that put Tesla's email in my junk folder so I missed it. We are now in the discovery phase. My $500/hr attorney filed a motion with the Court to forensically examine Google's gmail source code to find the deep neural network decision node that flagged my Tesla notification email as "spam". I've hired a software forensic analysis team based in India at only $100/hr. After my case concludes, they will rewrite gmail and sell it to the Chinese for 69,000,888 USD in hard currency. The Chinese will add "Great Firewall Privacy(sic) Mode" and call it CPmail (Communist Party mail) and make it mandatory for all Chinese citizens except for Central Committee members.

Where the H^!! is your go fund me dude? You need it. Come on Folks, let's get this crowd source happening!

• Funny
Reactions: engle