Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will join Class Action: Tesla Stole my Settings!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No class action, you'll have to settle this in arbitration. Here, I'll be the moderator:

Congratulations, you win!
Your remedy is an Airing of Grievances and a direct Feats of Strength competition vs. Franz von Holzhausen.
Both to be settled December 23, 2020, at Tesla's Design Studio, Hawthorne, CA.

SO ORDERED.

You mean I can’t just whine and hide behind my alias on this forum? Shucks! OK, get me von Holzhausen, I’ll lift my Tesla.

On a more serious note, I've often wished that my Tesla account stored my cars' settings. This way I could not only restore them easily in such an instance but I could retrieve them and load them into a loaner car. That would be very nice.
Interesting you would mention that. A long time ago, - sometime after they created profiles on the cars - Elon answered a question regarding saving profiles. He said it would come in a later update, the profiles would be stored in the cloud so when we got a loaner, we could just download them to that car. I guess he solved that will eliminating loaners ?

Interesting you would mention that. A long time ago, - sometime after they created profiles on the cars - Elon answered a question regarding saving profiles. He said it would come in a later update, the profiles would be stored in the cloud so when we got a loaner, we could just download them to that car. I guess he solved that will eliminating loaners ?
I tweeted Elon about saving profiles. Got a bunch of crickets in return.

No class action, you'll have to settle this in arbitration. Here, I'll be the moderator:

Congratulations, you win!
Your remedy is an Airing of Grievances and a direct Feats of Strength competition vs. Franz von Holzhausen.
Both to be settled December 23, 2020, at Tesla's Design Studio, Hawthorne, CA.

SO ORDERED.

How about most windows cracked with balls of steel.

Wow I said balls of steel and it's not a euphemism.

A serious and nice feature for the entire UI would be to have an indication of the default value for each feature that you can see on the screen. This allows you to tap through the screens and see what it is that you have changed.
Still need a way to backup and restore settings, though, because you can't observe your mirror, seat and steering wheel settings, for example.

There should also be a way to see what is different between two different driver profiles

We did it! Thx! Funniest thread of the week! My 15 minutes of fame.

FB8CAB04-D410-4D3A-921E-95C871DA7E8B.png

Seriously though.... why can't these be backed up into the cloud? Or onto the USB drive? Would be nice to have a backup for a loaner or in a few years when I get a new car.

I totally agree, but don't hold your breath.

I've been asking since 3/2016 for Tesla to provide an option to sort the "Favorite Destinations" list alphabetically or just do it by default. It has always been LIFO (Last In, First Out at the top of the list). It is a trivial computer science function call to sort this linked list. They could even do a slow "bubble sort" on it since the list is pretty small. I would add the one line of code needed for free under NDA to call the built-in sort function if they would just share the tiny piece of their C++ code that adds a new favorite to the list.

I have 80-100 favorites and it is very inconvenient to eye scan to find what I'm looking for. I have to remember if it is an "old" place I added or a "newer" place. My lame old ICE Mercedes vehicles used to alpha-sort their saved destinations.

For example:

Costco Burbank
Costco Fremont
Costco Marina Del Rey
Costco Sunnyvale
Whole Foods Beverly Hills
Whole Foods Fremont
Whole Foods Malibu
Whole Foods Santa Clara
Whole Foods Santa Monica
Whole Foods Westwood​

that's 10 right there!

When I go to the stockholders' meeting this year, I may resort to asking him why there is no option to sort the navigation favorites list alphabetically, instead of when he plans to release a 3rd party Tesla app developer's platform. :cool:

OK, mission accomplished, we did the parody and won the Oscar.

Is this really going to turn into an actual gripe thread? I now know the entropic direction of any TMC thread... slowly, but inevitably, into a minor key.

Edit: they can have my settings! And keep them! I just did a timed 0-60 yesterday, and I’m 0.5 seconds faster without those heavy settings. They should sell a setting free ultra sport edition. While they’re at it, take out the browser, cinema, and games. Maybe another quarter second in there!

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin