Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will qualify for a free APP 3.0 HW update?

Who will qualify for a free APP 3.0 HW update?

• People who purchased FSD

Votes: 155 74.9%
  • People who purchased EAP

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • Everyone

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • No one (paid upgrade for everyone or not offered on older cars)

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a software engineer and having some experience with vision systems has taught me to expect this won't be the last upgrade. That is the main reason I bought FSD now and not later. It better include free hardware upgrades for the life of the car or at least until FSD is actually realized, otherwise that is going to be a pretty bad PR story.

Being a software engineer and having some experience with vision systems has taught me to expect this won't be the last upgrade. That is the main reason I bought FSD now and not later. It better include free hardware upgrades for the life of the car or at least until FSD is actually realized, otherwise that is going to be a pretty bad PR story.
I agree. I'm all in with you. I purchased everything they offered.

( I'm glad free supercharging for life was added to my Model 3 Performance on Performance)
(Now I'm glad to see that I'm going to get some of my money's worth on this hardware upgrade).

They haven't offered anything for FSD yet...so.....there has at least be some advantages for purchasing it ..... and soon. :)

And we have our answer:
Elon tweeted:

I'm still confused. Elon doesn't say whether you have to have ordered it before delivery to be entitled to the hardware upgrade. And to say that Elon said or tweeted something settles the issue makes me laugh. I'm still waiting for Google Chrome in my S that Elon promised by the end of 2014...

Tesla Model S to get app support and Chrome by late 2014 (video)

Google and Tesla combine forces to bring Chrome inside the Model S by end of 2014

Right now, all you can do is pay for it and get nothing at all as far as features. (There's even a class-action lawsuit about it) When they start enabling features for it, and have their hardware upgrades available, if you paid (or do at that time pay) for it, you would get the hardware upgrade.

What class action lawsuit are you referring to? If you're referring to the AP one, it settled for peanuts to owners, as they usually do...

Tesla agrees to settle class action over Autopilot billed as 'safer'

Tesla settles class action suit over Autopilot claims for $5M

So if history is any example, I wouldn't expect any "free" handouts from Tesla unless forced to do so by legal action.

Tesla has a history of rewarding followers who have faith in their promises even though they don't always deliver but they try to make it right in some way.

I wish that was true but it sounds like more like wishful thinking than what I've witnessed.

In my opinion, Tesla service centers will be far to busy to do even minor retrofits so they will make excuses and delay as long as they can doing any "free" upgrades. That's just my view based on following Tesla's past practices. As to the future, only time will tell.

I'm still confused. Elon doesn't say whether you have to have ordered it before delivery to be entitled to the hardware upgrade. And to say that Elon said or tweeted something settles the issue makes me laugh. I'm still waiting for Google Chrome in my S that Elon promised by the end of 2014...

Tesla Model S to get app support and Chrome by late 2014 (video)

Google and Tesla combine forces to bring Chrome inside the Model S by end of 2014

What class action lawsuit are you referring to? If you're referring to the AP one, it settled for peanuts to owners, as they usually do...

Tesla agrees to settle class action over Autopilot billed as 'safer'

Tesla settles class action suit over Autopilot claims for $5M

So if history is any example, I wouldn't expect any "free" handouts from Tesla unless forced to do so by legal action.

I wish that was true but it sounds like more like wishful thinking than what I've witnessed.

In my opinion, Tesla service centers will be far to busy to do even minor retrofits so they will make excuses and delay as long as they can doing any "free" upgrades. That's just my view based on following Tesla's past practices. As to the future, only time will tell.
There has been soooooooo much more truth in what Elon Musk has said than not.

If you want to go with history....then use the entire history.

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck