Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will qualify for a free APP 3.0 HW update?

Who will qualify for a free APP 3.0 HW update?

• People who purchased FSD

Votes: 155 74.9%
  • People who purchased EAP

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • Everyone

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • No one (paid upgrade for everyone or not offered on older cars)

Votes: 9 4.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been soooooooo much more truth in what Elon Musk has said than not. If you want to go with history....then use the entire history.

Seriously? I have to go through Elon's entire history to prove a point that you can't believe everything he says? His history doesn't change the point I was making. Plus, you wouldn't believe what I post anyway, so how about someone else's point of view, who seems to know his stuff...

Apple's Steve Wozniak is Done With Elon Musk's Broken Tesla Promises - Motor Trend Canada

Reactions: Nuclear Fusion
Seriously? I have to go through Elon's entire history to prove a point that you can't believe everything he says? His history doesn't change the point I was making. Plus, you wouldn't believe what I post anyway, so how about someone else's point of view, who seems to know his stuff...

Apple's Steve Wozniak is Done With Elon Musk's Broken Tesla Promises - Motor Trend Canada
No...wrong direction.

You go down Elons history to find that you CAN believe him. As I stated and will continue to state in each response…..Elon has stated much more truth than not.

Nope....you want other nay-sayers and FUDsters. to team up. Good luck.

You are very late to the party if you want me to be insulted. Aint going to happen. I'll keep responding in this free forum.

you post an article from February? and I don't know my stuff?

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt
Elon is a dreamer, and dreams don't always come true. I'm on the boat that says he's right more often than hes wrong, but he is far from being right all the time.

If you ever watched who killed an electric car, you'd know that Tesla being late to their promises is almost modus operandi. I visited a Tesla store in Palo Alto in 2009 (was still in college at the time lol) and I was shocked when the Model S finally made it to production in a reasonable 4 years from announcement (2008). So when Musk announced the Model 3 in 2016 I was totally expecting a 2019 launch date...the fact that they actually did it by 2017 impressed me but that was only due to them skipping a lot of testing...

That being said, you can't trust his promise as if it was scripture but you can believe he has an idea (and usually a good one) of how to get there.

Reactions: Canuck
This is the conundrum for people - what is a FSD ‘feature’ as opposed to FSD?
Does FSD in this instance stand for Feature Self Driving?

I'm of the opinion that the FSD feature I purchased in my order, will eventually hit Level 4. I do not believe they will be able to hit Level 5 (in any vehicle) in the next decade if ever. I'm doubtful of our Model 3's of having the right equipment to reach L5.

Lots of articles that describe the levels based on a 2014 SAE standard
Self-driving cars: A level-by-level explainer of autonomous vehicles

The only features I can truthfully consider as FSD is what has been posted on Tesla's website here:

ll you will need to do is get in and tell your car where to go. If you don’t say anything, the car will look at your calendar and take you there as the assumed destination or just home if nothing is on the calendar. Your Tesla will figure out the optimal route, navigate urban streets (even without lane markings), manage complex intersections with traffic lights, stop signs and roundabouts, and handle densely packed freeways with cars moving at high speed. When you arrive at your destination, simply step out at the entrance and your car will enter park seek mode, automatically search for a spot and park itself. A tap on your phone summons it back to you.

Autopilot

Nope....you want other nay-sayers and FUDsters. to team up. Good luck.

I'm one of the biggest Tesla and Musk supporters there is. But at the same time, I'm not blind to his history of broken promises.

You are very late to the party if you want me to be insulted. Aint going to happen.

Why would you be insulted? I never said anything to insult you. I made points that you don't agree with or like, but nothing I said was insulting in nature. What you feel as an insult, is just a struggle with admitting my points are valid. It's easier to say you're not insulted when there no reason at all to be insulted. But it's also very revealing in nature.

you post an article from February? and I don't know my stuff?

You wanted his history. It was irrelevant to my point but I gave it to you from a Tesla owner who seems to know his stuff, so then you say the history is too old for you? History, by nature, is old. In any event, time for the "ignore" button.

I'm of the opinion that the FSD feature I purchased in my order, will eventually hit Level 4. I do not believe they will be able to hit Level 5 (in any vehicle) in the next decade if ever. I'm doubtful of our Model 3's of having the right equipment to reach L5.

Lots of articles that describe the levels based on a 2014 SAE standard
Self-driving cars: A level-by-level explainer of autonomous vehicles
As long as they release the features of Level 5.....I don't care if they ever get there. :)

I'm one of the biggest Tesla and Musk supporters there is. But at the same time, I call him out when he deserves it.

Why would you be insulted? I never said anything to insult you. I made points that you don't agree with or like, but nothing I said was insulting in nature. What you feel as an insult, is just a struggle with admitting my points are valid. It's easier to say you're not insulted when there no reason at all to be insulted. But it's also very revealing in nature.

You wanted his history. It was irrelevant to my point but I gave it to you from a Tesla owner who seems to know his stuff, so then you say the history is too old for you? History, by nature, is old. In any event, time for the "ignore" button.
Yep... its that time. Good luck.

Yes...just like EAP is full of features...because EAP is still beta.. Just a bunch of features.

Tesla hasn't rolled out EAP yet...however its truly feature rich.

If FSD does the same thing.....then I'll be happy with it.

Tesla’s Enhanced Autopilot software has begun rolling out and features will continue to be introduced as validation is completed, subject to regulatory approval. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot, and must be prepared to take action at any time.
Autopilot

FSD isn't going to be one big monolithic thing that one day is released and works completely.
They are going to slowly add iterative features (building blocks) required for full self driving.
Off the top if my head, things like.
Street sign recognition
Traffic light recognition
Better detection of cars beside and behind you.
Better detection of stationary objects (you know like fire trucks for example )
Pedestrian detection and prediction (determining the intentions a pedestrian hanging out on curb by a sidewalk is going to be hard AF so I'm not sure when we'll ever see L4)
Etc

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
FSD isn't going to be one big monolithic thing that one day is released and works completely.
They are going to slowly add iterative features (building blocks) required for full self driving.
Off the top if my head, things like.
Street sign recognition
Traffic light recognition
Better detection of cars beside and behind you.
Better detection of stationary objects (you know like fire trucks for example )
Pedestrian detection and prediction (determining the intentions a pedestrian hanging out on curb by a sidewalk is going to be hard AF so I'm not sure when we'll ever see L4)
Etc

I'm not sure when we will ever see full EAP. lol

You need to ask Elon that:

Elon Musk on Twitter

"With V9, we will begin to enable full self-driving features."

Reading that to me is like saying we're going skiing, but first we need to get on the ski lift before we can go down the mountain. That's not skiing. I guess the ski lift is a "feature" of skiing, since you have to ride the lift to ski, but it's not skiing. I barely use EAP as is, and my wife won't use it at all, but even if FSD stops at intersections and turns corners, which EAP can't or won't do, it's not a "feature" of FSD in the same way as riding the lift is not skiing. I'm still in the seat monitoring it all so I might as well be driving. When I can get in the back seat and have the car drive me home after a couple of drinks it will be FSD. I'm not holding my breath on that one but I'll happily pay whatever premium they want for it within reason when that finally arrives.

So not Full Self Driving.
Just Enhanced Enhanced Autopilot

Yes, but it won't go to EAP people -- only FSD people.

I get the explanation, as do most here, but it's an odd one. FSD is FSD -- just not FSD until it is FSD, so for now, it's really just EAP but we charge you for FSD when it doesn't do FSD. That's basically what we're being told, and you laid out the specifics of it. I can see the next class action already.

Why Tesla does such nonsense -- when they have such a great product without it -- is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Yes, but it won't go to EAP people -- only FSD people.
They should offer a couple of extra tiers between EAP & FSD
It’s mind boggling that their legal team approved their website statements on FSD.
But then, as Christian Bale playing Michael Burry in The Big Short said at the start of the movie in reference to lawyers & his reading of mortgage documents for subprime borrowers, “I don’t think even they (lawyers) have read the contracts!”

They should offer a couple of extra tiers between EAP & FSD
It’s mind boggling that their legal team approved their website statements on FSD.
But then, as Christian Bale playing Michael Burry in The Big Short said at the start of the movie in reference to lawyers & his reading of mortgage documents for subprime borrowers, “I don’t think even they (lawyers) have read the contracts!”
It looks good to me.

Autopilot

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
There goes any hope for FSD features "Late August"

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 9.32.59 PM.png

• Informative