Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who wins in a fight between M3P and new MS LR?

JJFlash

Nov 30, 2019
Saskatoon
The redesigned Model S LR seems to have a similar 0-60 time as the Model 3 Performance. So who would win in a shootout on the drag strip and on the track? I never gave the model S much thought before because I liked the 3 size better but this redesigned S has me all googly eyed. Educated speculation welcome without bringing up Plaid or Plaid+ please because ... um duh and $duh.

badiban

Nov 26, 2019
Texas
For now: MS LR. They are equally quick to 60 and the MS has more sustained power.

Agreed. Would be interesting to see a head-to-head video comparison.

Besides power, I love the interior of the Model 3, but I love the interior of the new Model S even more. I guess you have to evaluate if the features in the base MS are worth $24k to you over the M3P.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
Wish someone would get it delivered soon and do some 1/4 mile runs. Am anxious to see what it does beyond the 60'. 670hp is a good amount, especially if it holds power out to the limiter.

Pluglife

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I do wonder if the M3P (and other 3’s) have a performance upgrade in the works.
The performance 3 would typically be faster than the base S, plus the new BMW M3/M4 is here (great car too, shame about the grill). Elon made a big thing about the older BMW M3 being a benchmark way back when and that the M3P would beat it.

JJFlash

Nov 30, 2019
Saskatoon
The performance of the BMW M3 has always been a benchmark. Doesn’t feel like it anymore. I went from an M4 to a M3P. To me the M3P is a new benchmark. I hope Tesla keeps it that way.

Reactions: Sam1

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC