Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who with a score of 100 and more than 100 miles is still waiting for FSD roll out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have over 100 miles, at 99 for 9 days. Not driving the car anymore until I get FSD beta. Too many phantom front collision warnings that can wreck my score. Not to mention the risk of having to stop for a light that turns red (which gives a low score for hard braking). :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I have over 100 miles, at 99 for 9 days. Not driving the car anymore until I get FSD beta. Too many phantom front collision warnings that can wreck my score. Not to mention the risk of having to stop for a light that turns red (which gives a low score for hard braking). :mad:
You can delete "bad" trips.
If you ever touch the brakes or don't turn like a grandma: Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event
You can also delete a trip with a Forward Collision Warning or Autopilot Disengagement.

And it is not a certain number of days.
It is when a current release is good enough to have let all existing beta testers in first.
TeslaFi seems to be showing that Tesla is only letting the 4,000 10.6 users get 10.6.1.
Then Tesla will upgrade the other existing beta testers (now 16,000) before they will bring in new users.

You can watch it unfold on TeslaFi.

Last edited:
You can delete "bad" trips.
If you ever touch the brakes or don't turn like a grandma: Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event
You can also delete a trip with a Forward Collision Warning or Autopilot Disengagement.

And it is not a certain number of days.
It is when a current release is good enough to have let all existing beta testers in first.
TeslaFi seems to be showing that Tesla is only letting the 4,000 10.6 users get 10.6.1.
Then Tesla will upgrade the other existing beta testers (now 16,000) before they will bring in new users.

You can watch it unfold on TeslaFi.
I actually used the reset the other day when I went on a drive to try to get 100, and wouldn't you know it - I had a phantom front collision warning and auto braking event with nothing on the road. I hit both scroll wheels while I was driving. Did it again when I pulled into the garage. The drive didn't show up (thank God). The problem is it isn't always so obvious that the car recorded something that will wreck your score. One option is to use the car, and reset at the end of each drive to protect my 99. It is annoying that the Safety Score system is that broken.

Reactions: K5TRX
I parked my Model 3 in my garage on Nov 18 with over 100 miles and a safety score of 99
Hmm… Since November 18th, there's been 3 days that vehicles have been added with 99+ safety score. Do you still have 100 miles on the safety score as trips from over 30 days ago get dropped (potentially a bad day increasing your score to 100)?

FSD Beta additions have been less frequent in the past month averaging over 8 days between enrollment waves. It seems like new additions might be on hold until existing FSD Beta population is on 10.6.1 (so far about 60% have gotten the update). Tesla has made additions even a day before an upcoming "Friday release," so even with 10.7 soon, there's hope for people to get in sooner.

I parked my Model 3 in my garage on Nov 18 with over 100 miles and a safety score of 99. I use to love driving this car. The safety score has taken all the fun out of it. I’m a big fan of Elon and Tesla but my patience is gone.
Very familiar . Resorting to public transport for medical appointments in the city these days (can’t see keeping a clean 100 with urban traffic situation ) . Maybe that’s the point of demanding such a high score , keeping FSD from the difficult scenarios - for now .

I parked my Model 3 in my garage on Nov 18 with over 100 miles and a safety score of 99. I use to love driving this car. The safety score has taken all the fun out of it. I’m a big fan of Elon and Tesla but my patience is gone.
The safety score is based on the last 30 calendar days. If your car has been parked since November 18th, there are only 4-5 calendar days of history included in that score right now (from about 11/14 to 11/18).

Reactions: K5TRX and Allx
The safety score is based on the last 30 calendar days. If your car has been parked since November 18th, there are only 4-5 calendar days of history included in that score right now (from about 11/14 to 11/18).
Do you mean to say it negatively affects the monthly score if not driven daily ? Or that without a full month of history , a car won’t be eligible (maybe a way to solve for initial high score when few miles have been driven ) ?

Do you mean to say it negatively affects the monthly score if not driven daily ? Or that without a full month of history , a car won’t be eligible (maybe a way to solve for initial high score when few miles have been driven ) ?
what he is saying is that does @Kwlofgren have 100 miles logged during each of the rollout wave to new people. Last time was about 11/30 (I was in this wave). Safety Score is based on span of 30 days, so your record from 31 days ago, falls off or disappear and it is replace by the newest score. so lets say if the rollout to new people is today, does he have enough miles (100+ miles) from 11/14 to today that can qualify him to be in the queue.

Reactions: K5TRX and Allx
what he is saying is that does @Kwlofgren have 100 miles logged during each of the rollout wave to new people. Last time was about 11/30 (I was in this wave). Safety Score is based on span of 30 days, so your record from 31 days ago, falls off or disappear and it is replace by the newest score. so lets say if the rollout to new people is today, does he have enough miles (100+ miles) from 11/14 to today that can qualify him to be in the queue.
Ah , i see , at least 100 miles for last 30 days . Good to know !

Damn, so I drove my Tesla to Florida from Wisconsin, parked it in my garage and flew back to Wisconsin for Xmas and I will lose my 99 because I will be gone for more than 30 days. Can I get my $8,000 back?
Damn, so I drove my Tesla to Florida from Wisconsin, parked it in my garage and flew back to Wisconsin for Xmas and I will lose my 99 because I will be gone for more than 30 days. Can I get my $8,000 back?
So here are my safety scores yesterday and today. My car was parked in my Florida garage (with wi fi) with a 99 since Nov 18. Yesterday I had a 99 and today no safety score. I’m in Wisconsin for the holidays. So when I return I have to start over to re-earn what I already earned. Maybe some Tesla rep will have sympathy and give me the next download. What do you think?

Attachments

• 57C018F2-2F00-4B54-8C9C-2AFA1D8AACD5.jpeg
    57C018F2-2F00-4B54-8C9C-2AFA1D8AACD5.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 81CA8353-E6B1-4C43-854C-440802AEEB2E.jpeg
    81CA8353-E6B1-4C43-854C-440802AEEB2E.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 50
Maybe some Tesla rep will have sympathy and give me the next download. What do you think?
Not likely. Most likely someone writes a SQL query to collect the highest 1000 or 5000 or 10000 safety scores that do not yet have the FSD beta, and then that group gets it next. Maybe there are other criteria like location or which Tesla model or what hardware. But I doubt that anyone is looking at individuals.

So here are my safety scores yesterday and today. My car was parked in my Florida garage (with wi fi) with a 99 since Nov 18. Yesterday I had a 99 and today no safety score. I’m in Wisconsin for the holidays. So when I return I have to start over to re-earn what I already earned. Maybe some Tesla rep will have sympathy and give me the next download. What do you think?
I only know of one person who got into the FSD Beta test without a great Safety Score.
The rest of us did it by getting a great score. The Safety Score is a rolling 30 day average:
"We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days)"
As of today, 12/18/2021, everything from November 18th and earlier should be deleted.
Here is more on the Tesla Safety Score.

If you ever touch the brakes, don't turn like a grandma, or get a Forward Collision Warning just Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event.
It's really true! The other day I was doing some Christmas shopping and a traffic light changed in front of me. I touched the brake for maybe one tenth of a second before realizing the regen braking would stop me in time. And it did. It was the only time I touched the brakes in the entire trip. And my score for that trip was 95 because of "hard braking". It is ridiculous, but we can't change it so we have to resort to other strategies.

Since it was too late to cancel that trip, I just did a bunch more driving that day (without auto pilot) and brought the number back up to 99 for the day. My score was (and still is) slightly above 99, so even that took me down slightly, but not enough to matter.

Lesson: It is not an exaggeration. If you even touch the brakes, delete the trip by resetting the car before putting it in park.

Reactions: K5TRX
Dec 20, still nothing. I've been at 100 for over a week and at 99 for the month before that, it was a 300 mile drive that pushed me to 100 so I've exceeded the 100 mile requirement also. Supposedly 10.7 rolled out yesterday but I still haven't gotten the beta? Has anyone gotten access in the last few weeks?

Dec 20, still nothing. I've been at 100 for over a week and at 99 for the month before that, it was a 300 mile drive that pushed me to 100 so I've exceeded the 100 mile requirement also. Supposedly 10.7 rolled out yesterday but I still haven't gotten the beta? Has anyone gotten access in the last few weeks?
10.7 didn't "roll out" yesterday. It appeared in all of a handful of cars on teslafi and Teslascope.

10.7 isn't going out to the masses. Ever.

We haven't noted any new enrollments into the beta program since mid 10.5 (several weeks).

We're waiting for Tuesday when allegedly 10.8 is released. Expect that 10.5/10.6/10.6.1 will get updated on the first couple of days and then Elon indicated more enrollments into the beta.