TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Whoa, 2nd and 3rd row fold flat now?!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JCB_Arizona, Jul 1, 2017.

1. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

somebody double check my comprehension!

I check today, and the 7 seat combo says 2nd and 3rd row can fold totally flat now!

is it true?!!

*and the price dropped.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. s4sammy

s4sammy Member

The 7 seater Model X is now going to have more interior capacity! Now my only question is how is ingress into the 3rd row like?

3. Matt_D

Matt_D Model S P90D, Sig X

That was my question. If they found a way to fold the seats down and keep the telescopic seat mount that moves for ingress and egress that would be a win.,

• Like x 1
  4. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I guess they figured out that we are a bunch of heathens who prefer functionality to a "work of art". We tried to tell them that 2 years ago.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 1
  5. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Looks like what the figured out is how to add the 3rd row seat behind the 5-seat configuration. I think the pedestal is gone.

• Like x 1
  6. ilovemycoffee

ilovemycoffee MS 85D HW1 Late 2015

This is great news! Looks like a Late August delivery. I would love to see it in person. If they get AP2 working, my wife may need to upgrade her MS.

7. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

The price dropped because the new 7-seater replaces the monopost sculptural beauty seats with the 5-seater bench, that probably still moves on the rails on the floor, but otherwise is a 40/60 bench instead of individual seating.

More here:

Model X 2nd row now folds FLAT! (July 1st 2017 update)

• Like x 1
  8. TechVP

TechVP Active Poster

My 5 seat bench is affixed to the floor. I can only assume it's the same in the 7 seat bench replacement.
    Comparing what my 5 seats look like & how they are configured, I think the 7 seater change is a good decision. People will love the extra storage option & capacity.

9. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

The 5-seater bench has a fixed position, but the 7-seater bench (looks same otherwise?) moves on rails:

Model X 2nd row now folds FLAT! (July 1st 2017 update)

10. TechVP

TechVP Active Poster

Cool. I really like how this forum is up to date w/ the latest news and interpretation. I didn't see any info of the sort on Teslarati nor Electrek.

11. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

That's because Teslarati and Electrek get a lot of their articles from TMC!

12. Matt_D

Matt_D Model S P90D, Sig X

Well, if you need people in the 3rd row, the ingress and egress I imagine are easier if the 2nd row moves with the monopost design (not to mention legroom.)

Wish they would publish specifics.