Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whole forum site is depressing. If some don't like their Tesla then buy another car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The whole forum site is depressing. If some don't like their Tesla's then move and and buy another type of vehicle.
Not even BMW or Jeep has this much crazy BS going on.

You can like something without worshipping it. I think the Model 3 is the best daily driver at any price, but I could improve a heck of a lot of things on it, and there are a few things about it I downright hate.

…and then there's Tesla as a company, which is… well, the product is better. Let's leave it at that.

The whole forum site is depressing. If some don't like their Tesla's then move and and buy another type of vehicle.

What's depressing is people like you who refuse to admit Tesla can do anything wrong. That's why nothing ever gets fixed.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out problems, that's how issues get resolved.

People can complain about build quality and what not.. at the end of the day, more than 90 percent of Tesla owners absolutely love what they are driving and would not give it up to drive something else. Even the people that complain wouldn't go back to BMW Lexus Audi.. Currently nothing can compete with Tesla. Maybe Apple one day can beat Tesla's smart and design

I've said it before, but the reality is about half of the people on here can't afford their cars.
They've all come from 15 year old Priuses and thus expect this to be absolutely perfect because it costs 10 times what their last car was worth.

Every issue is the biggest deal in the world. It's why we have daily threads saying omg I lost 5 miles of range, or omg my screen rebooted.
Every single thread has people saying they're taking their car into Tesla and that it's completely unacceptable that Tesla didn't build a perfect car.

I'm on another car forum and it's full of people driving everything from McLarens to Ferraris. The model 3 thread there has absolutely no whining because people there understand that a $35k car isn't going to be perfect. Do they care when Tesla doesn't call them back, sure, is it the worst experience ever and they're going to tell everybody how Tesla ruined their lives? Absolutely not.

It's about expectations. In the grand scheme of things Tesla is a new company, and as such has a lot of opportunity to make things better. But it doesn't change the fact that we own the best car on the planet.

There are considerations with Tesla you don't have with other cars. Like the fact that Tesla is a fragile young company and doesn't advertise, so they are at the mercy of the blogs and the press. And they are constantly being beaten down by the media -- for unstated reasons that suggest petroleum company interests and "competitors" that are years behind and thus benefit from anything that will slow Tesla down.

And that leaves Tesla owners as critical voices in support or against the company and what it makes. Since people come to Tesla forums as a pre-sales consult, I think it's inexcusable to give them the impression that the Model 3 is a poor choice. Because it isn't. There's no other car that comes close in driving experience for the money, in Ecological value and in automation development.

All that nitpicking and whining is myopic. We all have our frustrations and our bad days, and no car or company is perfect. But if you hate the car, or the company, dump it and leave us alone. Personal complaints about this or that are one thing, but when it turns into invectives and baseless generalizations, as it often does, it truly feeds the huge anti-Tesla waves. It deters potential buyers, it helps the naysayers and it damages the company that every Tesla owner depends on.

You don't have to be a fanboy, but, come on, remember the bigger picture.

And give yourself some time to really know the car. There were issues at first that I thought were shortcomings but turned out to be my own lack of understanding. Examples? The changes in how it displays estimated miles "in the battery". No, the battery is not evaporating. And there were cases where I thought the autopilot was misbehaving, but it was because I had jerked the wheel and had dropped the car out of autopilot.

Last edited:
4 months ago, it never occured to me that there is something called a tesla unless I am reading something about it (because my old x5 had started giving me trouble). I never saw one in my town. now, when i drive to work, atleast 3 days in a week, i am in a caravan of teslas ( 3s, Ss, and Xs ). Every aisle in a parking lot usually has a model 3. And I am happy that I am lucky to be 30mins away from a SC. When I joined these forums, I got so scared and hung on to every bit of bad news. Now I just ignore them. I would really like a filter where I can just get those messages which have been marked 'informative'

This is not confined to Tesla, although it certainly is magnified here on the forum.

There is no opportunity missed to display outrage and proclaim victim hood across the entire spectrum of our daily existence here in the United States nowadays. Cannot speak with confidence about the rest of the world...am in a bubble here.

BTW, can you believe how I got screwed? This is unacceptable! How is this allowed to happen?! I am starting a class action lawsuit!

Build quality isn't great for someone that cares about those things. Then when you deal with service to fix those out of spec conditions is where it went really south for me. I like the cars and the mission of the company, but dealing with service totally ruined my experience. They have done downright shady stuff to me personally.

I'll give Tesla praise where they deserve it though. Their batteries and motors and pretty dang cool. Their software advancements are neat for the most part. If they could just improve service and hold their service personnel accountable for their actions, that would resolve a lot of my problems as well as a lot of others...

Maybe if they would let outside shops repair their cars, since Tesla does not have the bandwidth to handle service appropriately, that would help...

It's a love 'hate' relationship for a chunk of owners... Tesla has the ability to fix these service issues. They say it is a focus. However, it just gets worse as time ticks by.

Last edited:
remember its both a car and the computer - so this is like being on the BMW forums and the mac or PC forums.
Sure it's not perfect, for example I think the interior or seats could be more luxurious on the S.

But I wouldn't consider any other make at the moment!

You can like something without worshipping it. I think the Model 3 is the best daily driver at any price, but I could improve a heck of a lot of things on it, and there are a few things about it I downright hate.

…and then there's Tesla as a company, which is… well, the product is better. Let's leave it at that.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. My M3 is the best overall vehicle I've ever owned, hands down. I'm in love with it. But that doesn't mean that I have to ignore all the problem areas.

That's the issue with forums in general - you typically only get to see the bad stuff in forums. It's boring to have a thread that's filled with praise. Sad but true.

Build quality isn't great for someone that cares about those things. Then when you deal with service to fix those out of spec conditions is where it went really south for me. I like the cars and the mission of the company, but dealing with service totally ruined my experience. They have done downright shady stuff to me personally.

I'll give Tesla praise where they deserve it though. Their batteries and motors and pretty dang cool. Their software advancements are neat for the most part. If they could just improve service and hold their service personnel accountable for their actions, that would resolve a lot of my problems as well as a lot of others...

Maybe if they would let outside shops repair their cars, since Tesla does not have the bandwidth to handle service appropriately, that would help...

It's a love 'hate' relationship for a chunk of owners... Tesla has the ability to fix these service issues. They say it is a focus. However, it just gets worse as time ticks by.

Exactly. I've not had to much trouble with Service (could be better, but acceptable). But Sales was pretty piss poor the 2nd time around.

I'll have go with Service (Mobile) Friday on something that SHOULD be simple, we'll see how that goes.