Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wholesale Electric Provider in Houston area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very interested in this but found it hard to compare with existing tariffs. I'm currently paying 7.2c per kwh for 100% wind energy (3.6c per kwh energy charge and the balance for transport and fees). I have the time profile data on my usage from the smart meter, but don't really know how to do the analysis. Any suggestions?

I'm very interested in this but found it hard to compare with existing tariffs. I'm currently paying 7.2c per kwh for 100% wind energy (3.6c per kwh energy charge and the balance for transport and fees). I have the time profile data on my usage from the smart meter, but don't really know how to do the analysis. Any suggestions?

You mean something like this?
mondaygriddy.PNG

That is just the electric rate, like you the delivery etc are seperate and not calculated by hour, rather by kWh used.

Hope that helps.

Fantastic - thanks so much! I start charging the Tesla at midnight too and it has always sort of irked me that I get none of the benefit (the rate to me is 7.2c per kwh regardless). It's interesting the rate is still going down after midnight so maybe a 2am start would be better?

Anyway, it looks super cool so I think I'll give it a try!

Griddy is working out very well for me. 20 days in here is what it looks like. If you sign up and mention me, we both get a $25.00 credit. Here are some screen shots of my usage and their interface:
20days.PNG

This next one shows my price per kwh after I pay transmission charges.

priceperkwh.PNG

This last one shows what the current rate is as well as what it will be later today:

forecast.PNG

Thanks for looking, and I will post a few more later if someone wants to see something specific.

Thanks,
Richard

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy and KidDoc