Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoo Hoo! Got my Three and loving it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is the deal, took delivery this afternoon of my Model 3 at the Austin TX Service center. These service people are clearly working very hard and they conducted delivery for a group of us taking Model 3's. Great entire staff with a helpful attitude!
One of the workers told me they hope to continue with deliveries all day and into the night, fully expect to be working until 10 PM tonight if necessary. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday so I applaude their effort to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the quarter.
As an interested Tesla owner of a (Model S and now Model 3) I of course couldn't help but notice all of bad news this week with all the shorts praying for failure and bankruptcy because of the low production rate. Despite this bad karma I'll guess Tesla is actually manufacturing at somewhere around 1700 cars per week, but we'll see shortly. No, this is not the 2500 per week that we all wanted but I think the stockholders will be OK when they see the slope of the ramp up graph.
I've heard enough this week and in my opinion I think it is time for Tesla owners to step up and publicly openly oppose all the naysayers.
I'm willing to bet with my money (I own two Tesla's so I have made that bet) that there will be many Model 3's on the road before the end of this year. No bankruptcy! I for one am a happy customer. With the Model 3 I'm an early adopter so I expect some issues but I'm not at all concerned. And by the way, the issue with no binnacle is a joke. Drive the car, no other display is needed, complete non issue for me anyway.

So here is the deal, took delivery this afternoon of my Model 3 at the Austin TX Service center. These service people are clearly working very hard and they conducted delivery for a group of us taking Model 3's. Great entire staff with a helpful attitude!
One of the workers told me they hope to continue with deliveries all day and into the night, fully expect to be working until 10 PM tonight if necessary. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday so I applaude their effort to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the quarter.
As an interested Tesla owner of a (Model S and now Model 3) I of course couldn't help but notice all of bad news this week with all the shorts praying for failure and bankruptcy because of the low production rate. Despite this bad karma I'll guess Tesla is actually manufacturing at somewhere around 1700 cars per week, but we'll see shortly. No, this is not the 2500 per week that we all wanted but I think the stockholders will be OK when they see the slope of the ramp up graph.
I've heard enough this week and in my opinion I think it is time for Tesla owners to step up and publicly openly oppose all the naysayers.
I'm willing to bet with my money (I own two Tesla's so I have made that bet) that there will be many Model 3's on the road before the end of this year. No bankruptcy! I for one am a happy customer. With the Model 3 I'm an early adopter so I expect some issues but I'm not at all concerned. And by the way, the issue with no binnacle is a joke. Drive the car, no other display is needed, complete non issue for me anyway.

Congratulations on your car. I wish I was driving one. I am little more cautious than you, but I hope you are correct.

So second day with my model 3 and I've had a chance to check it over more thoroughly. No cracks in the glass roof, no problem with the non alcantara materials, no big or misaligned panel gaps, no scratches or paint swirls, (Could it be I'm just not picky enough?), the aero wheel covers are even uglier up close than in the photos, and as I said in a previous post, the single display is a non issue. Haven't tried autopilot yet, but I'll post with my feedback when I check that out.
Now to get additional feedback this morning I let my adult son drive the car back from church, let me tell you there was nothing but a big smile on his face, ...priceless! Listen, despite what others may have said, this car is really fun to drive. I don't find the ride harsh at all, especially not for a sports sedan.

So second day with my model 3 and I've had a chance to check it over more thoroughly. No cracks in the glass roof, no problem with the non alcantara materials, no big or misaligned panel gaps, no scratches or paint swirls, (Could it be I'm just not picky enough?), the aero wheel covers are even uglier up close than in the photos, and as I said in a previous post, the single display is a non issue. Haven't tried autopilot yet, but I'll post with my feedback when I check that out.
Now to get additional feedback this morning I let my adult son drive the car back from church, let me tell you there was nothing but a big smile on his face, ...priceless! Listen, despite what others may have said, this car is really fun to drive. I don't find the ride harsh at all, especially not for a sports sedan.

Congrats! Hoping to get my configuration email this week!