Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoomp there it is !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have a Tesla chassis at the Petersen museum...
chassis1.png

Difficult to tell where you are in most of those photos, even when you photographed the map there are no labels. I guess you made it to Wilshire Blvd and the Mulholland Hwy. Where else did you go after leaving Monterey?

-Randy

Difficult to tell where you are in most of those photos, even when you photographed the map there are no labels. I guess you made it to Wilshire Blvd and the Mulholland Hwy. Where else did you go after leaving Monterey?
-Randy

Yeah, photos are a bit out of order. From Monterrey, I went -> Salinas then down 101 to Thousand Oaks and spent the night. I then headed west down into those hills and just zig-zagged around the windy roads taking photos when I saw an opportune pull off spot. Eventually I came down to PCH/1 near Malibu and headed south to pick up the 10 and went inland/east on the 10 towards downtown to pick up my dad and go to the museum.

When I returned home, I went back on 10 to PCH/1/coast, then north to Topanga Canyon and headed back that way.
Anything to avoid the 405.
And much nicer scenic driving.
For most cars, the windy roads would be annoying, but not in Model 3.

map4.png

nejEXy

Last edited:
No doubt. I was going over the pass on highway 17 to Santa Cruz and was told by Waze there was an accident and I should get off. The route it took me was AWESOME!! Most cars would squeal, but the Model 3 just held the road. I had to Facetime a friend to have a witness of how amazing the car was behaving. I was easily going twice the speed limit, ended up discovering why people set regen to Std and not Low, I was able to take turns w/o taking my foot off the gas. I have had it that way since. There was an incident with the road going one lane and I am SURE I scared the truck driver to death, but not a scratch on the car. I am drooling thinking about it.

That was what made me do the drive to be able to take the Sonora Pass once it opened. the only place I could think of that was as much fun to drive as this road along the peak of 17. Though it is much longer

-Randy