Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoomp there it is !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, definitely got the front bumper plastered with bugs on the trip. Did multiple touchless car-washes during and after so it is looking good.
(Did some hand cleaning with a cloth to get the stubborn spots the car-washes didn't fully clean.)

I did get pelted with pebbles from a construction truck at one point in the trip but haven't yet noticed any chips as a result.

The aero covers came back off the moment I got back home.

@TEG, are the textile seat covers still holding up?

Yes, still like new a year (and 8500+ miles) later....

At a service visit, a Tesla employee said "you really shouldn't have that seat cover because it could interfere with the seat sensors and the car could shut off if it thinks there is nobody in the driver's seat", but I have had no such problems.

By the way, I just put new wheels and tires (PS4S) on my Model 3:
whti.png

Those are a 'staggered' set-up with 265/40r18 on the rear (18x9 wheels). The car handles better now.

So far no door dings, scratches or any blemishes that I notice.

Last edited:

At a service visit, a Tesla employee said "you really shouldn't have them because they could interfere with the seat sensors and the car could shut off if it thinks there is nobody in the driver's seat", but I have had no such problems.

View attachment 412342
Those are a 'staggered' set-up with 265/40r18 on the rear (18x9 wheels). The car handles better now.

What kind of wheels are they?

At a service visit, a Tesla employee said "you really shouldn't have that seat cover because it could interfere with the seat sensors and the car could shut off if it thinks there is nobody in the driver's seat", but I have had no such problems.

View attachment 412342

Nice wheels! Those really change the look of the car. More aggressive? Would love to see some other angles.

Are the wheels staggard or just the tires? Ima gonna need new tires soon, going wider might be fun.

Stock size wheels in front (18x8.5) with 245/45r18 (slightly bigger than stock tires.)
Wider wheels in back (18x9) with 265/40r18 (much wider but about the stock diameter.)

I am loving the handling improvement. I am finding them quieter than stock most of the time (depending on road surface.)

tires2.png

Stock size wheels in front (18x8.5) with 245/45r18 (slightly bigger than stock tires.)
Wider wheels in back (18x9) with 265/40r18 (much wider but about the stock diameter.)

I am loving the handling improvement. I am finding them quieter than stock most of the time (depending on road surface.)

View attachment 412518
Have you monitored your Wh/mi change since you went to the new tires/wheels?