TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Whoomp there it is !!!

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TEG, May 3, 2018.

1. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

The new tires and wheels look great. Let me know if you are interested in joining a group of owners at Laguna Seca on the 30th...:cool:

REFUEL 11 - Clean Power Motorsports Event

REFUEL 11 is Speed Ventures' 11th annual clean power motorsports event which will be held at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on June 30th, 2019.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. YisSerL

YisSerL Member

Congrats! You're the same TEG from my.is? Your username sounds familiar.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, I was a moderator on is300.net before it became my.is
    Similar to being a line-waiter pre-order for Model 3, I had pre-ordered one of the first IS300s back in 2000.
    My son has taken over the old 2001 IS300 now...

4. fseir

fseir Member

If memory serves, didn’t you spray your car with a protectant coating? Guess it wasn’t a long term solution?

I’m super paranoid about rock chips. Suntek ultra is holding up well, after a year, but I still keep my follow distances generous. Wish there was a speed based variable distance setting for autopilot.

5. YisSerL

YisSerL Member

Very nice. I had a 2002 IS300 back in the day. I was on is300.net daily also. Wish I still have it. Love that car.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

As long as I have the Model 3, I won't miss the IS300.

7. StellarRat

StellarRat Active Member

Another convert. You have been assimilated.

upload_2019-6-13_10-24-38.png

• Like x 1
  8. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

WOW! Great memory. Yes, the 3M Car Spray Film worked great for the first month, but I didn't wash the bugs for a 4,000-mile trip the first Summer and when I took it thru a no-touch wash the wet bug weight pulled the film down and it filled with wash water. Must have held 5 gallons coming out of the wash.

The film was still on the back and when Winter came the film would get super grey on cold rainy days.

IMG_4865.jpeg

Decided to get the ceramic touched up recently and took the opportunity to have them add the front film and finally removed the rear spray film. I was SHOCKED how much dirt had become impregnated in that film. The paint underneath looked (was) brand new. I may use another can on the rear next Winter.

9. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator