Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoomp there it is !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The users manual says that you shouldn't put any kind of seat cover on due to possibly uneven wear. YMMV.

A similar warning also made me decide not to participate in the TeslaFi thing. Most expensive car I ever owned by far, so not taking any chances.
I've been using TeslaFi for almost 2 years now. It has not caused any uneven wear on my seats.

Nice! BTW is this the black, or midnight silver?

MIDNIGHT SILVER

tez3-png.298631

as compared to BLACK parked in the same location (when I borrowed a friend's before I got mine):

sunset3-png.276305

MIDNIGHT SILVER

So since you've had both in your driveway, is it true that this midnight silver has a better, or more protected, finish than the basic black? In other words, does the $1K get you more than just a different color? I've been considering black plus an aftermarket ceramic coating, but if the $1K has more protection, maybe going midnight silver is better?

tez3-png.298631

as compared to BLACK parked in the same location (when I borrowed a friend's before I got mine):

sunset3-png.276305

I got midnight silver because:

#1: I like the look more
#2: It looks nice even when a little dirty, whereas the gloss black shows mud/dirt/dust more quickly / obviously.

If you keep the gloss black really clean all the time it looks great... Just more maintenance to keep it looking nice.

I got midnight silver because:

#1: I like the look more
#2: It looks nice even when a little dirty, whereas the gloss black shows mud/dirt/dust more quickly / obviously.

If you keep the gloss black really clean all the time it looks great... Just more maintenance to keep it looking nice.

With my bad history of keeping cars spotless ... your decision makes a lot of sense. Just have to convince my wife it's different enough from our grayish green 2004 Prius (!). I'm already going to hear about the lack of handles above the door openings ...

Can you provide a photo showing how the textile attaches to the headrest from the back?
Thanks!

There is a stretchy clip together band that sinks into the gap around the headrest. I am happy the way it ended up mounting.
The hard part was getting the front clips into some little holes under the seat to hold the front part down.

Also, I just got this Model 3 sun shade:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BVX82NJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sunshade1.png

Note, these are not product placement ads... I bought these products as an individual owner and have no relationship with those manufacturers.
(Just thought I would throw that out there since I think some Model 3 bloggers are showing off "product samples" from sponsors these days.)

Reactions: Vern Padgett