Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoomp there it is !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30mm front, 45mm rear...

The new tires and wheels look great. Let me know if you are interested in joining a group of owners at Laguna Seca on the 30th...:cool:

REFUEL 11 - Clean Power Motorsports Event

REFUEL 11 is Speed Ventures' 11th annual clean power motorsports event which will be held at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on June 30th, 2019.

about-3-2019.jpg

1-2019.jpg

I just did mine after a year of damage. Sure makes cleaning bugs off the front easier and less worrying. Did a bit of paint touchup first but wish I had just put the PPF on initially
If memory serves, didn’t you spray your car with a protectant coating? Guess it wasn’t a long term solution?

I’m super paranoid about rock chips. Suntek ultra is holding up well, after a year, but I still keep my follow distances generous. Wish there was a speed based variable distance setting for autopilot.

If memory serves, didn’t you spray your car with a protectant coating?
WOW! Great memory. Yes, the 3M Car Spray Film worked great for the first month, but I didn't wash the bugs for a 4,000-mile trip the first Summer and when I took it thru a no-touch wash the wet bug weight pulled the film down and it filled with wash water. Must have held 5 gallons coming out of the wash.

The film was still on the back and when Winter came the film would get super grey on cold rainy days.

IMG_4865.jpeg

Decided to get the ceramic touched up recently and took the opportunity to have them add the front film and finally removed the rear spray film. I was SHOCKED how much dirt had become impregnated in that film. The paint underneath looked (was) brand new. I may use another can on the rear next Winter.

Resurrecting my own thread... My 2018 Model 3 went for another road trip on its' 4th birthday.
I drove it out from SF bay area to south central Utah, vising national parks and enjoying the amazing roads there.

Some pictures from the trip:

TEG3a.png

TEG3b2.png

TEG3c3.png

Thanks to all the people at Tesla who helped create such an awesome vehicle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
Nice wheels... what are the specs?
Front: 18x8.5 FLOW ONE Race Spec F1 GLOSS GUN 245/45ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S XL
Rear: 18x9 FLOW ONE Race Spec F1 GLOSS GUN 265/40ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S XL

I have been running this setup for about 15k miles. Less efficient than stock, but handles much better.

( My Avatar is of my custom wheel center caps. )

Reactions: FlatSix911
I was using up some free supercharging credits I had left from referring 4 people to buy Teslas.
Sadly, I didn't get nearly enough for a free Roadster! In hindsight, I should have started a youtube channel "back in the day..."
sc1a.png