Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whoops! Left charge state at 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and left the USA for China.
Caught it via app 7 days later...how bad is the carnage?
It’s reset to 80% now.
But apparently my resetting charge state to 80% before leaving USA didn’t work.
What do we really know about the effect of leaving the battery at 100% for a week sitting? I guess I will find out next week.
Told wife to drive it and leave unplugged. Car at 200mi range ~80% now in Oregon. I’m in Shanghai.
My WiFi licks once a day (office router issue I think) so my Tesla app access has been spotty. But I can still check on Car once a day from halfway around the globe.

and left the USA for China.
Caught it via app 7 days later...how bad is the carnage?
It’s reset to 80% now.
But apparently my resetting charge state to 80% before leaving USA didn’t work.
What do we really know about the effect of leaving the battery at 100% for a week sitting? I guess I will find out next week.
Told wife to drive it and leave unplugged. Car at 200mi range ~80% now in Oregon. I’m in Shanghai.
My WiFi licks once a day (office router issue I think) so my Tesla app access has been spotty. But I can still check on Car once a day from halfway around the globe.
I wouldn't give it much thought, just don't make a habit of doing this
and there really is no reason for you to be checking the car so often, it serves no purpose to "wake" the car for no reason

Reactions: DrivingRockies
There is great purpose in checking the car often.
1) I can
2) It’s fun
3) I’m sure the Car doesn’t care.

But actually I checked the car 3-4 days into my trip just to see if it would work. Then after seeing the charge state at 100%, I tried resetting the charge state to 80% and turning climate control on to lower the charge state. Then checked back yesterday to see if it worked. It didn’t. So perhaps checked three days in a row, not every day.

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677