Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's behing the new Wyoming initiative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
Today in the news there was a blurb about a bill being introduced in the legislature that could enable Tesla to open up business in the state.

I'm curious: is Tesla involved in this at all? How about local Tesla owners? Any grass-roots activity? Or is this just a rogue legislator doing this on his own?

UPDATE: Argh, typo in the title. I meant "Who's behind the new Wyoming initiative" of course.

UPDATE 2: Here's the Wyoming news story link: Bill would let Tesla, other auto manufacturers sell directly to Wyoming drivers

I loved the statement at the end from the vice president of the Wyoming Automobile Dealers Association:
Allen also questioned the need for the bill, as Wyoming residents can bring Teslas into the state and register and title the cars with the Department of Transportation.

“I’m not really sure if it’s necessary because Wyoming people are already purchasing these vehicles,” she said.

Sounds like they don't need any car dealers in Wyoming! Might as well just buy all vehicles out of state. ;)

Reactions: bhzmark
After the recent Colorado openings in Aspen and Vail, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla was aiming to put one in Jackson.
Jackson? Interesting idea.

Now if Tesla would just put in a Service Center in Vail (or Grand Junction) that would be a big help. Denver and Salt Lake City are a long way away... Not that it will happen; too thinly populated around here, although the number of Teslas is increasing rapidly.

Reactions: MitchMitch