Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's Buying

Simple, those who have driven a Model S who is:

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could always choose what is the most or least popular by following this poll:
Color selection poll

Yeah, I've been reading that one, but really for me it comes down to a choice between white and grey. I like them both, for different reasons, and I just have to sort out which way I'm going to go. I was sorry that the grey car wasn't at this weekend's Palo Alto event, because it would really have been nice to see it in person again. With most of the Tesla colors, photos don't really do them justice...

Prior to the test drive I had a concern about the performance tires in terms of ride comfort.

I was surprised that for the two particular Model Ss that I was in, a performance and standard, the performance had a more comfortable ride. Obviously I don't know how my actual car's suspension will be tuned when it is finally delivered, but it is comforting to know that a performance Model S can be tuned to provide a very comfortable ride.

In addition, the car's driving performance was much better than my expectations.

The test drive also was very helpful in permitting me to finalize my interior color. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the "White" interior was actually cream colored and that's what I ended selecting.

So in summary, after the test drive I actually felt better about my decision to buy a Model S. A couple of weeks later I signed my MVPA.

Larry

Last edited:
Great car, great company, just not sure if I'm ready to move up to a larger car.

Personal review

Thanks for linking to your review. I try and read every test driver review I can find/have time for. They tend to be much more informative and interesting than the reviews the press puts out. One of the many parts I found interesting in your review was your conviction to never buy another ICE again or the leaf after driving the Model S. Yet you are not sure you want the Model S because of its size mainly. I am not picking on you, just curious. If not an ICE, not the Leaf, and maybe not the Model S, what will your next car be? Would you go for a future or past Roadster or wait for something Audi or BMW brings out or ....?

I am a "not sure yet", You see the Model S is a big car it's a family sedan. I don't have kids, I don't hug tree's but I do want to send a BIG F U to the oil companies, middle men and all the middle men in the world who are getting a cut of my check. So I am investing in Tesla and I do hope that after the model X a sweet looking 4 passenger roadster is next on the plate!

If not an ICE, not the Leaf, and maybe not the Model S, what will your next car be? Would you go for a future or past Roadster or wait for something Audi or BMW brings out or ....?

If not the Model S, I might wait it out and see what Gen 3 has to offer. If it ends up being a compact luxury sedan targeted at the BMW 3 series/Audi A4/Mercedes C class, then that would be ideal for me.

Waiting for Audi or BMW to bring out a competent EV is indeed another option, but they're so locked in to their current customer base, the dealerships, who demand high maintenance ICE's that I don't see that happening any time this decade.

If not the Model S, I might wait it out and see what Gen 3 has to offer. If it ends up being a compact luxury sedan targeted at the BMW 3 series/Audi A4/Mercedes C class, then that would be ideal for me.

Waiting for Audi or BMW to bring out a competent EV is indeed another option, but they're so locked in to their current customer base, the dealerships, who demand high maintenance ICE's that I don't see that happening any time this decade.

Shouldn't you have chosen a different screen name? :wink: