Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's driving South (i.e., from Seattle) for the Model S Oct 1st ?.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
My wife and I will be taking the Roadster, and using the HPCs in Centralia WA, Portland OR, Eugene OR, Canyonville OR, Yreka CA, Orland CA and Davis CA.

I know a lot of other Seattle-area people are going...but how many of you plan to take a Roadster and use the chargers? We should coordinate so we don't delay each other...

If anyone varies off the route and drives through Reno to Sacramento on I-80, I have a 14-50 available. I'm right off I-80 between Auburn and Loomis, have a couple of creeks where you can pan for gold :), and are welcome to help weed my garden, hit the pool, or just hang out. In Auburn, at the Clipper Creek office, there is a 70 amp switchable between a J1772 and a Tesla connector. And of course, Jack Bowers has the HPC chargers in Roseville at Stanford Ranch.

How long do you think it will take your drive from Seattle to Fremont?

I just did it a few weeks ago for a board meeting in S.F. It took me two days to do the drive. I slept in Yreka CA on the way down, and Cayonville OR on the way back.

The days are pretty easy. It's about 12 hours of travel each day (so I could do it in a one-day drive-through if I was in a hurry), but of course the driving and charging are nicely split up, so it feels pretty relaxed. The only trick is to make sure you know what you'll be doing at each stop (eating, exercising, visiting, shopping, etc).

My wife and I wanted to go to Yosemite in Sept, so now we'll just do that right after the Oct 1 event, and then drive back up.