TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who's Expecting Delivery Soon???

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by theGshow, May 14, 2014.

1. theGshow

theGshow Member

By my own experience, and a few others on this forum and Tesla's forum, it appears that anticipated deliveries for the next couple of weeks are getting delayed. Anyone have any insight?

I ordered 4/3/14, confirmed 4/4/14, received a VIN on 4/18/14, with a scheduled delivery of May 22, 2014. Upon my prodding, my DS informed me this morning that my deliver (to Costa Mesa, CA) could be delayed by a couple of days. He said he would have a better handle next week "when my car went into production."

Given that it seems to take about 2 days to build an MS, and a day to transport to Southern California, it doesn't look like my original delivery date will happen.

Anyway, just wanted to pick the communal brain of all recent orderees to see if they were experiencing similar delays.

2. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Scheduled for May 30th delivery.

Expecting to go into production this week but, as of yet, still sourcing parts.

No word from DS about anything extraordinary (yet).

3. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

I did notice the delivery estimates on the design studio were recently pushed back by about a month. My first thought was that it's so they can prioritize oversea orders. I don't know if that's related or if my delivery estimated for June 18th would be affected.

4. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

My signature says it all. I am getting mine tomorrow supposedly. Inordinately long time from end of production (May 1) to delivery.

5. Tx02Ag

Tx02Ag Member

Details below. They made up a lot of time quickly. The 7-10 days for transport turned into 3 days. "May be a few days late" became 6 days early.

6. jyinger

jyinger Member

Ordered 3/31/14 Confirmed 4/4/14 Anticipated delivery date 5/31/14.

Early on my DS said that the delivery (to Costa Mesa) would be late in May. Last week he was more specific--5/31. This week he said that some have come in a bit early, and I might get mine by 5/30. Of course, I'm hoping for 5/21 or 5/14. Oh, no. That would have been today. So probably I will get my car close to the originally projected date.

S85, Pearl White, Nappa Tan Leather Interior, Pano, dual chargers, HPWC, rear shelf, center console (on order)

7. tiblot

tiblot Member

Expecting delivery June 5. Not yet in production ...

8. traveler

traveler Member

Expecting delivery May 30th, but my car is currently showing a status of sourcing parts. I'm told my car will ship to Texas next week.

9. tfero3396

tfero3396 Member

Confirmed 4/5 and scheduled for delivery on 5/27, after Memorial Day weekend. Have not heard from DS of any delivery changes yet.

10. IanH88

IanH88 Member

Factory collection set for June 6th....Dashboard says still sourcing parts

11. scott jones

scott jones Member

Well what the hell! I confirmed March 24th and delivery date showed late May! Then
    My service rep told me when I asked, it would probably be june 5th - 8th. Why is mine so much later than yours. Indiana delivery but still

12. theGshow

theGshow Member

Here's a quick update.

So my car went into production early yesterday morning. At that point, I also noticed that I had the option of editing my pick-up date from the originally scheduled May 22, 2014 to an earlier date. So...now I'm scheduled to pick up my beauty on Tuesday, May 20, 2014!

I can barely contain the excitement. Tint and full body clear bra scheduled!

13. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

Ordered and confirmed 4/7/14. Delivery scheduled for 5/29/14. Dashboard still says sourcing parts. No change from DS so far.

14. hsctiger93

hsctiger93 Member

Ordered and confirmed 3/31/14. Delivery scheduled for Friday, June 6. Still showing Sourcing Parts which based on other posts seems perfectly normal. DS said that some deliveries were coming earlier however he wouldn't know until the car went into production.Working on my Tesla Delivery Playlist now; have the electrician coming next Friday to install 14-50 NEMA. AutoNation is considering the trade in value for my poor old 11 year old BMW (er, I mean perfect-condition fabulous, no faults, dings, or knocks supercar if you're the local AutoNation guy reading!) and I have my financing all set up, ready to sign once we have a final, final number. The stockings are all pretty much hung with care in the hopes young St. Elon soon would be there...

15. tennisman

tennisman Member

Confirmed April 8th, delivery scheduled for May23rd - got call today from DS and car is going to be available on May20th ( 3 days earlier than promise date!!) This will be one long weekend for me...

16. tfero3396

tfero3396 Member

My car just changed status to "building your car".... today, May 17

17. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Mine went production complete this morning.

Yesterday I'd had the option of a full week earlier delivery but it's since throttled back to May 26th as the earliest date. Drat. A Monday.

production complete -blurred 5172014 PM-001.jpg

18. Rod85

Rod85 Member

I just got the call this morning informing me that my delivery date for my S85 is being delayed. Ordered and confirmed 3/31 with May 21st delivery date. Got a call last week to see if I wanted to move up my delivery date, so we settled on 3/19. Now they don't know when I can get the car. The DS told me she would call me on Monday with an update.

19. cpa

cpa Member

I confirmed April 3 for delivery May 21 (S85). Submitted all my paperwork timely to the DS. Did not hear a word, so I emailed him this past Wednesday (one week before scheduled pick up time at the factory). He telephoned a few hours later and said, that they probably could finish the car by the 21st, but Friday the 23rd would be safer.. So, our car got pushed back two days.

The dashboard changed to "in production" late Thursday afternoon.

20. GinoG

GinoG Member

Confirmed 4/6, into production 5/14, dashboard showed scheduled for delivery end of day 5/16. Original delivery date was 5/28, but trying to get to NM next week, before Memorial Day. Otherwise will be a looooong weekend!

S85, Pearl White, Obeche Matte, Pano, Tech, Nappa Tan leather, 21" dark wheels, Sound, Parking sensors, Parcel shelf