Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's Expecting Delivery Soon???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery got pushed up a full week! Picking up from Raleigh SC tomorrow at 2pm. So much to do between now and then... Clean out the old car to hand off to Carmax when I get down there, finish my playlist, look at the walk through demo a few times, good grief I'm swamped!

Wow! I'm tempted to go over and watch you get your wheels, but that might be creepy :tongue:

Wow! I'm tempted to go over and watch you get your wheels, but that might be creepy :tongue:

I already have one tick attached to me. My neighbor is making the trip down. But I'll tell you what. If you're in Chapel Hill and can get access to some Carolina Basketball tix (I'll pay face value for them), I'll meet you in Chapel Hill and let you take it for a spin!

One word of caution. If you dare call it dook blue we will never talk again!!!! (It's much darker than that awful shade)

One more drive home before bed.

It was a GOOD day. Even after delivery, I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep!

photo 2.JPG

10368243_10203879915541189_745046184564951509_n.jpg

I already have one tick attached to me. My neighbor is making the trip down. But I'll tell you what. If you're in Chapel Hill and can get access to some Carolina Basketball tix (I'll pay face value for them), I'll meet you in Chapel Hill and let you take it for a spin!

One word of caution. If you dare call it dook blue we will never talk again!!!! (It's much darker than that awful shade)

YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE A DEAL -- I have season tickets (except Duke)! :love:
You can park in my driveway and I'll drop you and pick you up from the Dean Dome!
How about football (reduced wait)?
Have a great day!!!!

[BTW, only State fans get ticks.]

- - - Updated - - -

Newscutter with a CLASSIC TESLA GRIN. Made my day. :biggrin:

My delivery got pushed up a full week! Picking up from Raleigh SC tomorrow at 2pm. So much to do between now and then... Clean out the old car to hand off to Carmax when I get down there, finish my playlist, look at the walk through demo a few times, good grief I'm swamped!

Wow hsctiger...that is quite the bump indeed! I'm slated to pick up in Raleigh on June 27. I'm now going to obsessively keep my fingers crossed for 1 week bump up!
Hey when did they notify you of your date change? It sounds like it was just a day or 2 warning?
So...you must be about to take delivery in 1 hour from my post here...good luck!
Let me know how the ride back to RIC goes......heading up 85 I assume?

Congrats, what a pretty car! And looks like you are pretty happy! :)I read your 11-part story, very interesting! I was also having trouble sleeping the night after my delivery, so that is normal.
I still have a few months to go (Hong Kong, RHD model S), and I have had several test drives - the latest being yesterday (in the back, with another TMC member driving, yay!). I now have GoPro video from many angles, time to do some editing soon.Cannot sleep? I keep having dreams about the model S, as if I already had it. I must have been all over Hong Kong already, in my dreams. At least, I don't get any speeding tickets this way!

Can you log in to your car yet via the app?
According to the delivery FAQ:
For safety reasons, while your Model S is at the factory or in transit to the service center, the mobile app is unable to connect to your car before delivery. Therefore, it may take an additional few days after delivery for activation to occur while we process your Model S delivery in our system.

I can confirm. My Model S is somewhere in Iowa for the night (DS pinged it for me) and I cannot connect to it. They don't enable the app connection because they're worried about customers doing stuff like honking horns and opening sunroofs; though it would be easy enough to disable control, there's also the secondary security reason. Being able to track the vehicle on the truck before it's paid for could become a sticky situation in the wrong hands.