Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's getting the normal steering wheel?

Getting normal steering wheel?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 month update:

Turning with the round wheel is so natural that I barely ever think about round vs. yoke any more - and that's a good thing.

Besides, can anyone to pull off this center stripe mod with the yoke? :)

1697468603636.png

Reactions: zoomer0056
Roundy wheel feels more familiar, but it really makes the interior seem old fashioned, compared to the yoke.

Understand people want what they are used to, but the yoke really opens up the sightlines and makes the interior seem much more open as well.

For 99% of my driving, the yoke is simple and straight forward, however in tight parking lots or making multi-point turns, the yoke can take more concentration.

Driving down long highways, the yoke provides a more comfortable place to put my hand and keeps the nags away.

What's the center stripe for? For looks or to help tell direction of wheel or . . .?
To help me figuring out which way is straight. J/K.

It's a 100% useless feature, but adds a racing "feel" to the car. My car is white w/ red Tesla logo, red hub cap emblems, etc. - so this adds a little bit red accent to the interior as well.

I got this tip from BWM forums - apparently 1/2 inch staging spike tapes work really well.

Reactions: zoomer0056