TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Francis Lau, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Who's going to TESLIVE from the Seattle Area? I am thinking of taking 2-3 days to get down there with nights in RV parks. I am wondering if the combination of ample storage, the glass roof, ability to run the HVAC and an air mattress makes the Model S a great camping car.

Has anyone slept in their Model S on a road trip?

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

(1) I think so.
    (2) Maximum nap for me has been 3 hours so far.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I will probably go. Not sure which car I will take, that depends on the supercharger announcement. If there aren't superchargers installed by then, we will definitely have to coordinate use of the Roadster HPCs!

I haven't slept in the car yet, but it sure looks workable.

4. Zextraterrestrial

yes. very comfy with costco dog beds :wink:
    I was camping at a Disc golf Tournament not on a road trip

5. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Were you plugged in? And did you run the heating system during the night?

6. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'd be interested in carpooling down with someone.

7. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I am not sure if my family is coming with me but I am sure with the group, we can work something out.

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I might be interested in carpooling too; but before figuring out how I'm getting down there, I'd like the hear the Supercharger announcement. If there aren't Superchargers, we may HAVE to carpool or fly to keep from overwhelming the HPCs.

It's actually possible I may have to fly due to my wife's schedule...hoping it won't come to that.

9. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I'm counting on the superchargers to be built out by the end of June per Tesla To Expand Supercharger Network In Northwest, TX, FL, and Northeast .

If that does not happen then we could only go down in one car which has twin chargers so we can use the 70AMP outlets in Centralia, Eugene (I think there is one here?), Yreka and Chico. This would add about 4 hours to the trip and might make it very difficult to dead head.

10. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Yeah, I so want to do this, and would make my home and charger available for those of you on the way through (I'm 12 min away from the Washington Square store), but at the moment it looks like I have a schedule conflict and will be out of town. I really want to do this trip!

11. Six

Six Member

I will be attending TesLive. I registered today. I am not sure how long the registration has actually been open at tesliveconevents.com

12. Zextraterrestrial

wasn't plugged in, It was in Southern Humboldt Hills ( infamous grower territory :cool: )
    Temp was about 40 degrees and I used a pretty thin shasta wool blanket which kept me plenty warm when under it. I got out of my car to pee in the middle of the night and left the rear side door cracked while I peed (climate control on auto) and the car warmed up a bit when I got back in.

I wasn't stiff or anything in the morning & stretching out was fine (5'10") + extra room.
    lost 39 rated miles over 34 hours + playing music

13. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

I'll be going, but because of my schedule, I'll need to fly in either late Friday or very early Saturday and probably fly out Saturday night after the party.

14. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

Just registered. Looking forward to the road trip!

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

From the Milky Way? You should get you a prize!

16. buzzbuzz

buzzbuzz Member

It's not quite as impressive as it sounds...although this did conjure thoughts/memories of Rainbow Road from Mariokart :biggrin:

17. AndyM

AndyM Member

I am as well, but from the Portland area. (c'mon, superchargers!....)

18. Seattle

Seattle Member

I would love to come, but it's just not practical to come from the Seattle area without superchargers. And my car has only a single charger. If it was one day's drive, I'd seriously consider it, not less because I'd love to take another road trip. I've previously gone to Whistler, which was about 1/3 this distance.

19. olanmills

olanmills Member

Maybe I would come, I don't know, but I definitely wouldn't drive.

20. Geoff

Geoff Member

I wanted to go, but will be using those funds to move my furnace back 6 inches. Someone (aka me) didn't measure the garage properly and now I'm two inches shy of being able to park the car inside. Haven't taken a nap yet, but that's definitely a great idea!!