Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whos got staggered 21's in the Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure which Tesla you are considering. The staggered set-up came out with the P85+ RWD. It put more beef on the ground for the performance motor AND the performance + suspension. Significant performance improvement with RWD. They continued with staggered with the early P85Ds. They are also available on some PxxDs now. 245s on the front and 265s on the rear is the main aspect for staggered. So tire width difference is the only real factor you are dealing with.

"I would challenge the "significant performance improvement with RWD" comment."

@HankLloydRight . Checked out your links. A lot of experience with different set-ups and brands. I've had BMWs and still drive them.. Great vehicles. I would be interested in you opinion of PS alternatives that perform better and cost less.
Here in NorCal I'll drive the windy roads out to the coast or up to the wine country. So appreciate a good handling car to enjoy.
Perhaps I mislead in my comment. The significant performance improvement with the + suspension and staggered set-up over the non-+ option is significant. You have the same experience with a +. You may not agree, but that is my point.

Enjoy!

Oh yes, I totally agree... If I were to break down how much each factor contributes to phenomenally better handling it would go something like this:

Performance Plus Suspension: 75%
Ultra-High Performance tires: 20%
Proper tire inflation: 4.99%
20mm Staggered Rear Wheels/tires: .01%

As I've posted in many other threads, I'm a big fan of the Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2 summer performance tires. About $200 each. Note: not available in the staggered 265mm size.

Reactions: Blu Zap