Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's interested in a real carbon fiber nose cone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with Project Two Customs. They are about to ship real carbon fiber shells for the front and rear diffusers, available in matte or gloss finish. These glue (permanently or with double faced tape) over the current diffusers. Their web site is not yet up but you can visit them on Facebook. Currently, the cost is $1,499 for the set, which in my view is a good deal (considering that vinyl carbon fiber warp cost me about $800).

I asked if they could make a similar carbon fiber shell for the nose cone. The answer was a firm yes, and all they need is five firm commitments to move ahead to develop the mold (the biggest single cost for making these).

Since I very much will want the nose cone piece, I told them I would reach out to other owners to drum up the five commitments. If you are seriously interested, let me know here or via PM or call Project Two Customs and ask for Andrew Schroeder: 262-650-1464.

Hopefully we'll get the five commitments we need to have these nose cones made.

Last edited:
Rick

I think I'm interested in the front & rear diffusers.... In matte.

Aaron

PS - how about the plastic lower sill pieces under the doors? I hate how they fade all the time and would love CF there too....

Do you have pics of the front and rear diffusers?

Don't have photos yet but mine will be delivered in 2-3 weeks so I'll take some then unless others do first.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick

I think I'm interested in the front & rear diffusers.... In matte.

Aaron

PS - how about the plastic lower sill pieces under the doors? I hate how they fade all the time and would love CF there too....

They are planning to make those pieces as well.

Interested, you could probably mount the camera I'm going to get from you in it... :smile: Since I don't have to pay for gas anymore I can splurge on stuff like this! I would much rather give you that money instead of some oil company.

I think you are on to something Seven7. nose cone with the camera mount already molded to point down.... heck why not throw in mounting for blinders too.

This is a carbon fiber overlay and it doesn't replace the nose cone.

Ok, I must admit I got distracted and confused by the thread title (sounds like a whole new nose cone.) Overlay makes much more sense, and you said so in your OP. I suspect I'm not the only one ...

I'll wait for the diffuser pictures before committing to the nose cone part, but I'm definitely interested.