Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's Really Behind the Ashley Madison Hack?

AB4EJ

Feb 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa, AL
I have no idea, but I've heard some speculation:

Academy of Divorce Lawyers
American Association of Divorce Financial Planners
International Association of Matrimonial Attorneys
Author of "How to Succeed in Divorce Without Really Trying"

No, no no, this is completely a joke, it's impossible. All these folks would never do anything illegal.

JohnSnowNW

Feb 13, 2015
Minnesota
If I had to guess, it's one or two individuals who were "victims" of the service, and also happen to know a thing or two about systems/software.

the dude

Jan 2, 2015
Olympus Mons
it looks like an inside job by a pissed off woman

hell hath no fury.....

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/john-mcafe...one-female-who-worked-avid-life-media-1516833

Yes, it is true. Ashley Madison was not hacked - the data was stolen by a woman operating on her own who worked for Avid Life Media. The reason that I am so late to the second act of the Ashley Madison affair is that, without a supercomputer, it has taken over a week to finish the analysis of the massive data dumps that the perpetrator has so generously provided us with.

GreenT

verT
Mar 14, 2014
France
I have no idea, but I've heard some speculation:

Academy of Divorce Lawyers
American Association of Divorce Financial Planners
International Association of Matrimonial Attorneys
Author of "How to Succeed in Divorce Without Really Trying"

No, no no, this is completely a joke, it's impossible. All these folks would never do anything illegal.
Why are you worried? :)

AB4EJ

Feb 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa, AL
Long Experience

Why are you worried? :)

Ha! I wouldn't even tell my shrink or my doctor the stuff that people have (so I understand) put on that website. 45 years of software experience tells me never to trust a computer - somebody will always have a look at what is in there.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC