Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's tinted their windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they had to raise their prices due to other photosync dealers causing a stink about pricing. They were upset that their $1300-1800 price to do the same job started looking too expensive. They have been used to up selling to Model S and X driver who don't really care about money.

Front sides too? Already considering driving 400 miles to Extreme (tho not for their slightly cheaper price over Premier). For $700, I'd consider driving down to San Diego if I'm already in SoCal. Still, $700 seems too good to be true.

Yeah front sides of course.

It was a reddit group deal. They're raised their prices now that they got a ton of exposure.

I got 25% on the sides and rear. It looks amazing and still has good visibility at night. If anyone’s in eastern PA and looking for a good shop, let me know. Mine was done in a day and cost under $400 using Suntek film.

Attachments

• 70F7B1B1-5A6F-4282-A5D2-1E8C003EC3A8.jpeg
    70F7B1B1-5A6F-4282-A5D2-1E8C003EC3A8.jpeg
    531.4 KB · Views: 504
  • F3A5E2C9-B815-492F-9006-4D5480240132.jpeg
    F3A5E2C9-B815-492F-9006-4D5480240132.jpeg
    540.7 KB · Views: 503
Just had my car done at great place in Seattle (Jay's). Lifetime warranty too. All side windows and rear. With full rear would have been $600, with partial rear (up to the factory tint) was $300 (did this, didn't feel I need full). Suntek 25% I believe. Looks super-awesome on red.

I’m sitting in the waiting room now while my car is getting 30% CTX on the back window and sides. I’m told they are no longer doing sunroofs as people are having issues with cracking from the added heat absorption. Also passing on windshield film. Will post pix of the work later.

251A4BCD-EE0D-4EC5-AEFA-180FEE8F8416.jpeg
I think they had to raise their prices due to other photosync dealers causing a stink about pricing. They were upset that their $1300-1800 price to do the same job started looking too expensive. They have been used to up selling to Model S and X driver who don't really care about money.

...hmmm they just did my X ....photo sync 35% all around (no windshield) for $750 ....

I got my 3 tinted with 3m Color Stable, for $500. 25% for rear windows and 50% for front two. Yes, I know its illegal in California. I had the car tinted in Concord, and I am pleased with the results. 3m Crystalline would have been $400 more dollars, and to me, there was only a slight difference in heat between the two when the salesmen demonstrated the tint.

Happen to have any pics of the Crystalline 60? I'm considering that for my car too. Also, can you tell it's tinted at all with the 60? Or is it not noticeable. I'm trying to find the right shade for a just slightly tinted look.

It looks just barely tinted when it's sunny. In low light it of course looks much darker but in general people can easily still see me through the tint which is what i wanted.

Last edited:
Just had my car done at great place in Seattle (Jay's). Lifetime warranty too. All side windows and rear. With full rear would have been $600, with partial rear (up to the factory tint) was $300 (did this, didn't feel I need full). Suntek 25% I believe. Looks super-awesome on red.

How did they do with the transition to the roof? Does it look weird at all or were they able to make it look pretty seamless? I'm in Redmond too, and when my M3 comes I'd like to tint the sides and the back as well

I have a question about tinting the back window...if the state law is 35% how does it work since the top of the rear window (which is essentially the back roof) would be much darker than 35% with the double tinting, wouldn't that make it an illegal tint on part of the rear glass?

I hope my question makes sense.

Reactions: Pkmmte