Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why a Y Needs Mud Guards/Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got the ones listed as for the 3? There are X and S as well.

No, the Model Y ones are temporarily out of stock, but those were the ones I got. No drilling required. I needed a flathead screwdriver to pop the old pins out and the new ones fit perfectly in there.

I bought my Model 3 mud guards from Amazon as well, but different brand, it was Motrobe. That was a little over a year ago. Very similar look and feel.

I am a fan of the ones I got on Amazon so far, and they look much sportier than any of the other "flat" ones out there in my opinion.

That being said, I havent planned on installing the rears, so if anyone is looking to buy the rear ones from me, I am happy to sell them to ya. Just DM me with an offer. Here are some pics:

View attachment 637701 View attachment 637700 View attachment 637692 View attachment 637695

View attachment 637702

Link to which ones you bought that have front and rear ones sir?

the amazon ones look good. let us know which one you got!
We all bought the same ones from Amazon "nansure model y mud flaps" but they removed them from the site now as they are out of stock... you can't even see the item listed any longer.

There are two similar on ebay... both from China...

Direct from China::
For 2020 2021 Tesla Model Y Mud Flap Mudguards Black ABS Flaps Splash Guards | eBay

And the same item from a USA company importing them/expecting them at the end of Feb then shipped out to you (look at the full page description for time/delivery estimates):
Tesla Model Y Black Mud Flap Flaps Splash Guards | eBay

The Model Y ones are out of stock, but will be back in stock soon. They only come in a set of 4. They arrived to me in California less than two weeks after ordering. They were shipped from China. I am happy with the purchase. These were the first production ones they made for the Y and they were tested and prototyped on a real Model Y first before being sold.

The Model Y ones are out of stock, but will be back in stock soon. They only come in a set of 4. They arrived to me in California less than two weeks after ordering. They were shipped from China. I am happy with the purchase. These were the first production ones they made for the Y and they were tested and prototyped on a real Model Y first before being sold.

Link to which ones you purchased?

It’s way cheaper to buy these from Alibaba.

That’s what I did and they should be here next month.

I buy from Aliexpress on a regular basis, no real issues except delivery can at times be painfully slow yet sometimes surprisingly fast however rather rare. Just pointing out 1 thing though, the picture shown with flaps mounted to the car are of a model 3! Not saying they are not the correct ones but sometimes those listings are confusing/wrong. Been there done that.

Aliexpress/Alibaba is basically a Chinese Amazon. They are huge. Alibaba Group - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I buy from Aliexpress on a regular basis, no real issues except delivery can at times be painfully slow yet sometimes surprisingly fast however rather rare. Just pointing out 1 thing though, the picture shown with flaps mounted to the car are of a model 3! Not saying they are not the correct ones but sometimes those listings are confusing/wrong. Been there done that.

Aliexpress/Alibaba is basically a Chinese Amazon. They are huge. Alibaba Group - Wikipedia

I actually meant to say mine were from Aliexpress - mental lapse, but the link I posted is still correct for where I bought mine from them.