Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why a Y Needs Mud Guards/Flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Met up at Rally Armor this morning to install the first official set of mudflaps. While these are identical to the set that were installed in january, the clips previously were prototypes and were not weather protected. The flaps themselves had been cut quickly for the test fit. this final-install set was properly machined with a few minor adjustments. considering i have a blue MY, i went with black flaps w/blue lettering. I love the way they came out.

The flaps will be released over the next few days. a few pictures below for those interested.
Got my notification from Rally Armor that they are available. After looking at the install instructions I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Can you show what they look like from the front looking into the wheel well. Seems like there will be some ugly clips showing.

Got my notification from Rally Armor that they are available. After looking at the install instructions I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. Can you show what they look like from the front looking into the wheel well. Seems like there will be some ugly clips showing.
Thanks for pointing this out. Other cars I've installed these on come with brackets that sit behind the flap and allow mounting. This new clip system seems strange. Definitely need to see up close shots installed before I pull the trigger.

I just installed mud flaps on my Tesla MY yesterday. They look very nice and sporty. One thing, I am worried, will the mud flaps hit the road surface? Mine are low profile and purchased from Amazon. I am sure the Tesla OEM will hit the road surface because of the clearance.

I just installed mud flaps on my Tesla MY yesterday. They look very nice and sporty. One thing, I am worried, will the mud flaps hit the road surface? Mine are low profile and purchased from Amazon. I am sure the Tesla OEM will hit the road surface because of the clearance.
If you installed the sort-of molded ones, then they shouldn't. I've had my front ones on for months and no issues, although they aren't totally effective at keeping shmutz off the bottom of the rear doors and front of the rear wheel well.

yes, I installed the molded one. I guess, they should be fine.
Which ones did you buy?

I have similar mud flaps, the issue is that the front right side will not sit flush to the body.
They sit flush, like OEM I will take pictures when I got home. These are made in China and the first one I ordered, they comes with 6 pieces long rivet, I ordered another one and they comes with 8 piece short rivet. I used the short ones for rear and long ones for the front because the short ones do not work for the front. I could not press the pins. I will return the other one. If you plan to buy these brand make sure you get the long rivet about 2.5 times longer than the original one.

They sit flush, like OEM I will take pictures when I got home. These are made in China and the first one I ordered, they comes with 6 pieces long rivet, I ordered another one and they comes with 8 piece short rivet. I used the short ones for rear and long ones for the front because the short ones do not work for the front. I could not press the pins. I will return the other one. If you plan to buy these brand make sure you get the long rivet about 2.5 times longer than the original one.
Mine don’t. :(((
D31AD0A1-B6EB-4068-AF8C-C86B8E8A3BA0.jpeg