Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why all the sudden that model 3 is available for the new inventory on tesla.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Just looked up tesla.com and saw a lot of new inventory model 3s with listed as under 50 miles on the clock for sale.

I wonder if people rejected them? Or just cancelled the orders?

Also, I have noticed a lot of reservations for sales in TWC. I also wonder why too

Just looked up tesla.com and saw a lot of new inventory model 3s with listed as under 50 miles on the clock for sale.

I wonder if people rejected them? Or just cancelled the orders?

Also, I have noticed a lot of reservations for sales in TWC. I also wonder why too
Because we are in a recession and interest rates are through the roof.

Because tesla currently has the current (consumer friendly) policy of allowing people to order and pay the price that their car was when they ordered, vs the price when they pick up. This, combined with the fact that people will always try to find a way to make money on something even if its "against the rules" means that people have ordered vehicles they never, ever intended to actually buy.

They come up with fake excuses, but you can tell they are fake excuses when they start talking about "car is X,XXX lower than current price" and " I can turn over the whole account, information never registered".

Because tesla currently has the current (consumer friendly) policy of allowing people to order and pay the price that their car was when they ordered, vs the price when they pick up. This, combined with the fact that people will always try to find a way to make money on something even if its "against the rules" means that people have ordered vehicles they never, ever intended to actually buy.

They come up with fake excuses, but you can tell they are fake excuses when they start talking about "car is X,XXX lower than current price" and " I can turn over the whole account, information never registered".
Please correct me if I am wrong, you do not work for Tesla, and I would guess have no real
facts to back this up. We have been booted for far less I guess.
The answer is 42 or who knows.

Please correct me if I am wrong, you do not work for Tesla, and I would guess have no real
facts to back this up. We have been booted for far less I guess.
The answer is 42 or who knows.

No, I dont work for tesla. What facts are you looking for? That tesla has a current policy of keeping the price for old orders (fact)? That there are tons of people who create accounts here specifically to sell reservations (fact)? That many of these people say "PM me your best offer", or "I can transfer you the entire account" (fact)?

Note that my post was talking about "lots of reservations posted for sale on TMC" and had nothing to do with any opinion whatsoever about number of model 3s on teslas website.

Last edited:
Even with the quarter end push, I saw, as of Sunday 9/25, there were at least 50 M3LR available from tesla.com to be purchased right out.
My guess is people might put on hold or delay or reject those orders? If they ordered the M3LR prior 2-3 price increases, they could be eligible for the tax credit next year if they take the delivery in 2023.

If LR are available, perhaps it may be that people who wanted the LR but saw that it was not available to order went with something else and are not watching the available stock.

Regarding tax credits in the US, isn't the LR too expensive to qualify for the ones available next year?

If LR are available, perhaps it may be that people who wanted the LR but saw that it was not available to order went with something else and are not watching the available stock.

Regarding tax credits in the US, isn't the LR too expensive to qualify for the ones available next year?
It is, but I think many like me, are thinking Tesla will make adjustments in price. The way it stands, it would seem the LR Model Y qualifies, which then would not make sense price-wise between Model 3 and Y if only the Y qualified. So I really feel like Tesla will make some adjustments to get the 3 to also qualify. If it doesn't, I lose out on $250, but I'm willing to risk that to see.

It is, but I think many like me, are thinking Tesla will make adjustments in price. The way it stands, it would seem the LR Model Y qualifies, which then would not make sense price-wise between Model 3 and Y if only the Y qualified. So I really feel like Tesla will make some adjustments to get the 3 to also qualify. If it doesn't, I lose out on $250, but I'm willing to risk that to see.
Is the 3 more expensive than the Y ? That can’t be, the Y is a bigger car🤷‍♂️🤔

The Model Y is expected to count as a "SUV/truck" for purposes of the tax credit limit and the limit is a lot higher.

In the past "truck" has been relevant for fuel economy targets. That includes SUVs, although it all got a bit blurred with AWD crossovers being classified as trucks and boosting the fuel economy averages.

• Informative
Reactions: Bouba
Model Y LR cheapest config is $65,990. Model 3 LR I believe was $57,990 (until they removed it recently). If only the Model Y qualifies as the pricing stands, the Model Y could get down to $58,490. If so, the pricing no longer makes sense to have a Model 3 at only $1,500 cheaper. So I'm convinced some pricing changes will occur to help the Model 3 qualify...I have no basis except my gut feeling. lol

Reactions: phishphan
I just picked up my car like this. I really wanted a M3 RWD but didn’t want to wait. So was honestly considering a Ioniq 5 and deal with the bitch ass dealers. But one popped up in Cali with EAP included. And since it was a new car, the app allowed me to remove it. Ordered Monday, picked it up today.

Reactions: GeoX750 and Bouba
Are the 19" sport wheels really a 6.7% penalty on range / economy? New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla shows the LR cars with 19" sport wheels with 334 miles of EPA range, versus 358 miles of EPA range for LR cars with 18" aero wheels. The latter matches 2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD .
Yes there is a loss in range as a result of the larger wheels. I can’t attest to the exact % but larger wheels are heavier and require a bit more energy to turn.