Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are P85D's "cheap" now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of hurts. I bought mine in April for a lot more with less options. I guess I got in under the old CPO program but I rather save about 12k. But I will say I've loved every minute of owning it, so there is that.
In other threads there are lots of people complaining about current CPO process. Body damage, stains, poor customer support. Did you got 4 year warranty? Suspect big difference in what you got, versus what people are getting today.

Model S P85D 5YJSA1H41FF099411 | Tesla

Starting to see P85D's in the mid to upper 50's. That seems like a ton of car for the money vs a model 3 long range.

Is this just model S valuations returning to reality or is there something wrong with these cars vs a non-P car?

No air suspension, no cold weather package, no premium package, possibly beat to hell.

A good deal if you don’t care about any of those things.

Reactions: P100DHG.
Looking on internet at all cars in USA, someting is wrong with price. Really to low, why?
Remember we cannot take a car out of Calf, i tried, the state taxes or has a 10k fee.
No sunroof. No tech package, seems less equiped than mine. We will see how long it sits?

I just bought a P85D a couple weeks ago for 66k and I think I got a very reasonable deal. Ludicrous mode. Carbon fiber trim. Air suspension. Executive rear seats. Panoramic roof. 21" wheels. Premium sound. Tech package with AP1. Cold weather package. 38k miles. Looks mint inside and out. One rock chip on hood. No other nits. (I think dual chargers is the only option it didn't have)

The S has the slowest depreciation rate out of car in the segment...So it's essentially worth more than the class. Iv'e seen some Model S (such as this one) going for WAYY more than they are worth. This one is 11k above market going for $79,900 I could care less that is only has 25k miles on it.o_O 2015 Used Tesla Model S ONE OWNER AWD LOCAL LOADED P85D COMPARE TO ANY NICEST at Platinum Wholesale Auto Inc. Serving NE Bellevue, WA, IID 17828110
2015_tesla_model_s-pic-4408614421259368860-1024x768.jpeg

Model S P85D 5YJSA1H41FF099411 | Tesla

Starting to see P85D's in the mid to upper 50's. That seems like a ton of car for the money vs a model 3 long range.

Is this just model S valuations returning to reality or is there something wrong with these cars vs a non-P car?

I think there's a P3D effect that's contributing to P85D depreciation in particular. The P3D provides near identical acceleration performance but in a smaller car that's more agile and had the latest tech (AP 2.5) and eligible for the $7500 rebate. Some folks who don't need the larger car shopping in the P85D segment are opting for the P3D.

Have you seen a CPO Tesla lately? The car is probably trashed. I looked at quite a few P85D in the 55-65k range, and I decided against every one. They all either had a history or defects that I couldn't get passed. Ended up purchasing a refreshed 90D for $63k that has been amazing and is plenty quick even for speed freaks.

Reactions: PhilDavid