Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are there 4 cold weather icons on the main screen???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone seems up in arms about the positioning of the rear camera after the V9 update but no one seems to care that we now have 4 cold weather app icons on the main screen - 2 seat heaters and 2 defrosts

I live in California and will (maybe??) use these apps 10 times during the course of a year and yet the phone app (calls) that I use 10 times each time I get into the car is burried in an app drawer

And then there's the awful monochrome map

And then there's the awful monochrome EVERYTHING. At night the MCU screen is just black, dark grey, and darker grey. I can't see the low contrast screens with these old eyes unless I turn up brightness enough to ruin my night vision, I miss the colors. Blue was a button color that made it easy to see settings without being 60% brighter than necessary.

And then there's the awful monochrome EVERYTHING. At night the MCU screen is just black, dark grey, and darker grey. I can't see the low contrast screens with these old eyes unless I turn up brightness enough to ruin my night vision, I miss the colors. Blue was a button color that made it easy to see settings without being 60% brighter than necessary.

Can anyone explain why neighborhood names are IN ALL CAPS AND MORE PROMINENT THAN street names? I have that, I couldn't care less about neighborhood names. I'm going to an address not an area. -> Toggle neighborhood names on/off.

Reactions: ElectricTundra
I must admit I am worried and dismayed by the comments about the new UI. When I was planning my purchase, I was heartened by a remark of one owner I talked to, who stated that his Model S was the only car that he had ever owned that improved with age (as new software updates came out). It seems as if the new UI is a Great Leap Backward. I don't understand how they can reconcile the interface with the Model 3 in any case, given the difference between size and orientation (portrait-oriented display in the S/X, landscape-oriented display in the 3). The point about accommodating aging eyes is important, too. I already find that gray text over a black background during night driving is nearly useless. I'm concerned enough that I am seriously considering not accepting further updates (to the extent that I am able to do so) until these issues are addressed: these issues relate in crucially important ways to usability/safety, and I hope that the Tesla folk who monitor this site take these observations to heart.

• Disagree
Reactions: David29
And to turn steering wheel heater on or off you have to turn on the A/C, toggle the steering wheel heater, and then turn the A/C off.

No... Not sure where you got that from... You press the fan icon, then press the heated accessories icon then you an toggle on/off whatever you want (seats, steering wheel, wipers). None of that requires you to turn the A/C on or off to do...

Jeff