Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are you buying a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Radio-Flyer-Tesla-S-Model-for-kids-trio.jpg
I want that. And a time machine, so that I can have it as a child!

Except it's out of date and has the old nose cone.

I couldn't care less about the environment. Tesla knows how to "Race on Sunday, sell on Monday" without even having an official race effort. They put meaningful performance into their EV platforms and let Youtube do the rest. Probably one of the best viral marketing campaigns I've ever seen.
Anyone know if the power steering (pump) saturates. I have no clue on electronic power steering when driven hard.

I also couldn't care less about the environment. Plus, I will get great enjoyment from driving on the roads and NOT paying state and federal TAXES on every gallon of gas to do it! :D

I think I'll also have fun driving my Tesla into car dealers' lots and let them see they couldn't keep Tesla down with all their BS about the dealer network conspiracy being "better for the customers".

I always wanted a MS from the start. But it's out of my price range. When I heard a M3 was coming I lined up to reserve one. I want to drive the future. I like how the MS gets updates and becomes a better car. I like Elon's vision and hard work fighting the status quo. And lastly I can't stand how oil prices were manipulated in the passed few years.

Reactions: Red Sage and Mark C
A good question, which I have never really articulated to myself I think.

I've never owned an electric vehicle, and never really considered one until Tesla came on the scene. I think I am a textbook result of what Tesla was aiming to do: Make electric cars compelling as an actual multi-purpose vehicle, not just a toy or a niche tool to get to work and back.

I tried hard to justify the expense of a Model S. Heck, I even lived vicariously through my father-in-law when I lobbied him hard to take a serious look at the MS when he was in the market for a new car, so my main blocking point was price. If Tesla could deliver a cheaper vehicle that could attain around the same range as the MS, I'd be first in line at their local store (ended up being like #200 or so, but I was there!).

Anyway these are my itemized reasons, not in any particular order:

1) It an actual independent local car manufacturer. A bizarre concept for the Bay Area.
2) 200+ miles on cheaper electric fuel. I don't care about the politics of "oil bad"; I like not having to go to the pump and weather the constant price fluctuations.
3) Entry-level luxury sedan, which is what I want at the point in my life.
4) A car that is built from the ground-up with tech integrated, not as an afterthought around the thing.
5) Status symbol. I'm man enough to admit that I'll be driving around with pride when I get side glances or get stopped to ask questions about it.
6) A freaking fast car. To me, that equates to a car that can do a 0-60 in the 5 second range.

Reactions: Red Sage
My reasons in order of importance to me...

1) Superior technology.
2) Superior safety.
3) Fun to drive.
4) Good for the environment.

These are my biggest reasons. I have many others.

Ditto on your list, because of my 4-year old daughter with #s 2 and 4 and the embarrassing similarity between these 2 pieces of tech to go with #1:
rodsmed.gif

img11.gif

Yes, computers now inject a combustible liquid into cylinders at just the right time in the right amount in the perfect sequence but ultimately, today's ICEs are based on the same tech as the steam engines of the 1800s. Thank you, hoarders of those liquids, for fighting innovation away from this every step of the way.

Reactions: Red Sage