Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Are You Cancelling Your Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You wanted something that accelerates faster, charges faster, has more range than a Model S with AWD, and you want it this year and you want it cheaper?

You are like one of those Yelpers that go to a $10 buffet and trash on the service and food quality.

Anyone can bring up a problem, but it takes a person of value to present a solution.

For example:

Ok - everyone. Model 3 is awful. Here is the alternative. More range, less price, AWD, equivilent level 2 autonomy as Tesla and also nationwide super charging network.

I'm waiting for the 'solution' to the Model 3 problem.

Nope. Thank you for proving my actual point with your hateful post. I was #20 in line at my local store on 3/31. I've had a Nissan Leaf for 16 months now - as my primary vehicle I might add. Literally anything can and will be better than the Leaf. I care deeply for the electric drive train and being able to pull away every morning with a "full tank". I don't understand why you're talking about me going to a buffet, the point you're trying to make doesn't even apply to my post. I'm simply saying that, yes you love Tesla I do too but I haven't lost sight of my financial priorities. I told you I wasn't going to cancel.

Let me make this clear for you as a Leaf owner:
I could give a crap how fast it accelerates
I don't care about charge times
I never expected the 3 to beat out the S in anything, heck, I was excited that it would double/triple my Leaf's range (which it does).
I don't even give a *poops* when I get the car. I always figured sometime April 208. (why would you think I needed it this year?)
Price is a motivator for me but I don't want to settle. I can't figure out why I'm bummed but I am and I'll still get the car I just won't spend $60k on a car - any car.

It sounds like you're just upset I disagreed with you and said something other than roses about Telsa (oh yeah, a company that I own stock in).

Reactions: N5329K
Haha! Love it :) It's been a lifestyle change that's for sure. And so far it's take me everywhere I've needed to go. A few times I've had to cancel plans cause there was no chance I could get to a destination and back. That's made me

I'm a hardcore gearhead and amateur racer. I actually enjoyed melting the tires on a Coda EV in 2012? at an AutoX and since then I've enjoyed the dirty pleasure of thrashing EVs. We now have 3 Volts and me and kids AutoX them too.

Yes, I still love my V8 supercars. But for daily use? I'd take a Leaf anyday.

Nope. Thank you for proving my actual point with your hateful post. I was #20 in line at my local store on 3/31. I've had a Nissan Leaf for 16 months now - as my primary vehicle I might add. Literally anything can and will be better than the Leaf. I care deeply for the electric drive train and being able to pull away every morning with a "full tank". I don't understand why you're talking about me going to a buffet, the point you're trying to make doesn't even apply to my post. I'm simply saying that, yes you love Tesla I do too but I haven't lost sight of my financial priorities. I told you I wasn't going to cancel.

Let me make this clear for you as a Leaf owner:
I could give a crap how fast it accelerates
I don't care about charge times
I never expected the 3 to beat out the S in anything, heck, I was excited that it would double/triple my Leaf's range (which it does).
I don't even give a *poops* when I get the car. I always figured sometime April 208. (why would you think I needed it this year?)
Price is a motivator for me but I don't want to settle. I can't figure out why I'm bummed but I am and I'll still get the car I just won't spend $60k on a car - any car.

It sounds like you're just upset I disagreed with you and said something other than roses about Telsa (oh yeah, a company that I own stock in).

It's still a 35K car but depending when you take delivery, incentives could change. I believe same time next year, most people will spend 50k. 35+5k(Premium Upgrade)+5k(AWD)+5k(Enhanced Autopilot)

14k more now for EAP, PUP,better battery and one is assured of the full $7,500 Federal Rebate.

Seems to me the car would be cheaper now than later? Unless you want no options - than a CPO Model S is a great value.

Still charging for paint, insane option pricing, no power seats. Not including $8k worth of beta software and camera crap in every car would be a start in lowering the price. Living in a fiscally responsible state we also don’t have the insane tax credits some states are handing out so I don’t care what people in California get.

Last edited:
I'm not cancelling but one point that is pissing me off is that I would have not waited in lines for 5 hours outside at rain if I knew that all international order(even Canada) will only be late 2018. I feel like all that made no difference in the position in the line. I should have know better.

Who cares about autonomy? I don't. If you say safety then the German cars like c class has the same safety. The only advantage Model 3 has over ICE alternatives, is torque. Interiors, range, re fueling speed, build quality etc ICE will be better.
How about it doesn't use gas or oil, has no exhaust, is quiet... you know, the reasons most of here prefer EV to ICE?

Im strongly considering cancelling my reservation. I am a current S owner as well.
1. Charging speed - 80% of my charging is at SC because i use it for work, traveling in my 2 state patch). That speed is a big deal.
2. Size - model s is so much bigger cargo wise. Not sure i need it, but man its nice.
3. interior quality - yet to be 100% seen, but I have to expect a downgrade from my S.
4. screen - im not super stoked about no binnacle , but i dont like at ALL the 15 inch screen being pushed out and not flush with the dash. I think it looks terrible like that. I realize maybe its easier and cheaper to service, but im not a fan of that look.

On the other hand there is a lot to love. Im holding my res for now. waiting.

Parents cancelled.

1. They're moving to a different community. Said community has open parking. Said community has an HOA that is known to power trip and send notices to people violating HOA covenant by having the garbage cans out the night before collection day. It is unlikely that said HOA will allow installation of dedicated EV charge stations.

2. They decided that they're not interested in getting saddled with another auto loan. They'll be using the $8000 saved for the down towards an overseas trip.

3. Climbing into a low sedan is getting hard on their aging bodies.

As for myself, never had one in the first place out of continued skepticism and a desire to reward other companies that will actually come to the plate and make proper competition. I'd also rather take out a loan on a PV array to slash expensive California electricity bills and increase the value of my house instead of a depreciating asset like a car. My mid-90s Honda is more than enough car for me, and I consider it a waste to abandon a car that barely has 50,000 miles on it (previous owner was a senior that didn't really need a car but bought one anyways).