Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why aren't 20 inch turbines more popular?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Model S, it came with amazing Arachnids and the OEM slipstreams. I was considering selling my slipstreams and 'upgrading' my winter tires to 20 inch turbines. However, I noticed there's not nearly as much demand or enough people selling 20 inch turbines whether it's here on the marketplace or elsewhere. Mostly, I see a lot of people selling 19 inch ones or 21s. Is there something I'm unaware of? I know 19s will give you a smoother ride along with better performance in the winter but I did not know if there was something else.

Because Tesla doesn't sell 20" Turbines. I picked up the T Sportline TST in 20" as my daily rollers and I'm quite happy with them. Marked improvement in ride quality over the old 21s with a very similar look to the Turbines. Plus I could get reasonably priced all-season tires.

I believe the Tesla 20 inch stockers that come on the X can fit the S...ask the SC...

Model X 20" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package for $3K in silver and in exotic rare earth Sonic Carbon Paint they cost $5K!!!!

• 2 x 20X9.0 Slipstream wheels
  • 2 x 20X9.5 Slipstream wheels
  • 2 x 265/45/20 - Pirelli Scorpion winter tires
  • 2 x 275/45/20 - Pirelli Scorpion winter tires
  • 4 x tire pressure sensors
  • 4 x Tesla logo wheel caps

Because Tesla doesn't sell 20" Turbines. I picked up the T Sportline TST in 20" as my daily rollers and I'm quite happy with them. Marked improvement in ride quality over the old 21s with a very similar look to the Turbines. Plus I could get reasonably priced all-season tires.

That's basically the route I was looking at and that's prob what I'll end up doing.

Does anyone else have experience of using 20" EVT, T Sportline or Slipstream Model X wheels on the model S?
What wheel size should I choose when reset tpms?

It seems to me that 20 "is the optimal size and I think to buy such wheels.
Maybe someone will recommend wheels 20 "other manufacturers?