Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why buy a 60 Inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am looking at the CPO Consolidator and I see that there are S60's for sale that are Inventory cars and still eligible for Federal and State credits, but I look at the Tesla site and I can get a 70D for about the same price.

I am not looking for a lot:
Pano
Dual Chargers
Black Leather/Nappa Seats

The inventory vehicle in my area is $81,171
1) does not have the dual chargers
2) Not all wheel drive

a new 70D is $79,250 and has everything

So why buy a 60?

So I am looking at the CPO Consolidator and I see that there are S60's for sale that are Inventory cars and still eligible for Federal and State credits, but I look at the Tesla site and I can get a 70D for about the same price.

Pano
Dual Chargers

2) Not all wheel drive

So why buy a 60?

You wouldn't. Not everything on the CPO list are good deals, that's why there's occasional price changes.

pre-owned 60's seem to be priced to sell, Inventory cars not so much if compared to say the new S70 and considering you can't negotiate all you can do/hope is that Tesla starts lowering the prices of those Inventory cars.

A NEW minimally optioned S70 (assuming I could control my urged to load it up) could be alluring But in any event my OTD price of an MS is low to maybe MID sixties.

Decisions - Decisions.

Pano
Dual Chargers

2) Not all wheel drive

So why buy a 60?
As you describe it, it sounds like an intelligence test.

Pano
Dual Chargers

2) Not all wheel drive

So why buy a 60?

You are absolutely right. The pricing of some 60s is nonsensical and they'll have to revise those prices sooner or later.

The pricing of most inventory 60s and some CPO 60s makes absolutely no sense when now you have the 70D and the 70RWD for not much more or just around the same price range. For a great example of how you are likely missing a bunch of brain cells if you buy some of the overpriced 60s look at this gem being sold for $86K:

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/P77580