Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can I only upgrade connectivity on my M3 lease on my wife's iPhone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am leasing with Tusker (have used my standard email with both Tusker & Tesla) and heard all the rumours about the free premium connectivity ending on 1st May.
I never had any emails from Tesla or Tusker (no surprise there!) but this morning jumped in the car and it was back down to standard connectivity.
I've made sure both car & my iPhone Tesla app are up to date but there was nothing available in the upgrades section.
It wasn't until I checked my wife's iPhone (her own separate Tesla account / email etc) that I saw the upgrade!

How on earth does that even happen? Surely it should be car / app / email based?

Anyone know how to correct it so I can purchase the premium via my app? (Yes, I know I can do it via my wife's but that's not the point!)

My email address on Tesla's systems has, at times, become different to the one I use for MyTesla account. (Any direct correspondence with them would use a different email address to the MyTesla one ... and I can only assume that some well meaning person copied that over to the Tesla Backoffice System ... its happened more than once).

I raised it [the fact that MyTesla and Back Office seemed to be different] at a service visit ... "That can't happen Sir" ... "Can you check pls?" ... "Hmmm ... it seems to be different ... that's very odd Sir" ...

Here’s a weird one for you then. My wife has a model 3 as her company car, picked up in December last year. We both have the tesla app on our phones, connected to the same account (her company one, using her company email address). So far so good.

I then ordered a model y in April via my business on a lease with ALD using a newly set up account and my company email address. All still ok. Car shows up on my Tesla account when I log in using the new credentials. No drama here.

Then, last week when ALD take over the lease and the car disappears from my account page (which apparently is normal), my wife receives a text message telling her that her new model y is due for a June delivery!

Can anyone fathom how this could happen?? I certainly can’t….