Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can Tesla not do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a Tesla for 2 years, and have never have encountered a situation where I would need anything more than a 14-50. Regardless, if you're concerned about cost, a Model X 90D is not the vehicle for you.

Concerned about cost... no. Considered about value... always.

Everything is relative right? That is the beauty of capitalism.

Its odd that you would come to the Tesla site to be devils advocate and ask about when a Land Rover product will be released. You obviously don;t want a Tesla for numerous reasons and you seem to like the LR so why not mosey over to the LR forum? You will get the answers you seek.

I am on tesla site because my X gets delivered in 30 days... and nature of my post is my indecisiveness mixed with over thinking decisions. Cars usually are be locked in 2-3 days after a test drive.. this waiting 45-60 days makes people like me a wreck.

Cool answer though.

Ford Explorer is .1 faster in 0-60 than 60d X IIRC
A 60D Model X also isn't the $100k SUV that you mention in your original post. A fully optioned 60D is $80k. The Ford Explorer that has a faster 0-60 is the Ford Explorer Sport. Similarly optioned to the X (as much as you can apple to apple them) appears to be right around $60k. I think the comparison was disingenuous.

I am sure you will love the MX. It is really interesting car. I would trade my MS for the MX just to get the front window. I never dreamed that I would like the MX, but after driving one for 3 days I was convinced and converted. We are waiting for AP 2.0 to come out before ordering. Enjoy your MX.

Reactions: madodel
I am on tesla site because my X gets delivered in 30 days... and nature of my post is my indecisiveness mixed with over thinking decisions. Cars usually are be locked in 2-3 days after a test drive.. this waiting 45-60 days makes people like me a wreck.

Cool answer though.

I get it. I been there with these decisions. Here is what I can tell you. You will love the Tesla. Don't let buyers remorse get to you. I got my Model X 90D about 3 weeks ago and its the first car in a very long time I look forward to driving and I have had them all. But I too have some anxiety. I fear taking it on a multi-state road trip but I am going to make myself take it up to Hilton Head in a couple weeks. I need to use the Supercharges and get comfortable with the whole EV thing long range. Now relax and forget about that junk called LR. I have had 0 problems with my X so far. I am sure I will have some in the future just as I have had with every make and model car I have ever bought. (Except my Nissan. That sucker was bullet proof. )

A 60D Model X also isn't the $100k SUV that you mention in your original post. A fully optioned 60D is $80k. The Ford Explorer that has a faster 0-60 is the Ford Explorer Sport. Similarly optioned to the X (as much as you can apple to apple them) appears to be right around $60k. I think the comparison was disingenuous.

Mine is not fully loaded and is $92,500...
Had I got sound and subzero... it would be well over 100K with tax.

image.png
image.png
Ford must really be upping their game. Our AWD Exploader's 0-60time was somewhere between 10 & 11 seconds & maybe an 18 second ¼mile time on a good day . The slowest X could tow an Exploader & still be quicker :D

6 seconds vs 6 seconds for 60d. And 1/3 the price. Not best point, but fair point none the less.

image.png

Add $500 extra for autopilot increase and $1000 for referral which expires. $92,950. So you are right. I rounded down. Add terrible lease options (so have to deal with depreciation and hassle of selling a expensive used car or trading in)

You are including tax and excluding tax credit, right? I just ran through the design studio and couldn't duplicate this. Also, if you're rounding, $92,500 is $90k. ;)

Let's round down $90k... I won't give you tax credit because that will expire before all 3s are out the door.

Acceleration of a SUV half the price. Better? Again not best point, but you get the idea.

I hope everyone understands I'm just dealing with buyers remorse having to deal with purchase without even getting to enjoy car.

Let's round down $90k... I won't give you tax credit because that will expire before all 3s are out the door.

Acceleration of a SUV half the price. Better? Again not best point, but you get the idea.
Fair enough. Though you will get the tax credit...

You also didn't buy the "acceleration" model. I still think you'll enjoy it, and maybe completely love it. I'm in the midst of writing a piece about my relationship with the X (which I'll be publishing here at TMC) and spoiler alert - despite some of the nonsense, my conclusion is overwhelmingly positive.

Cool answer though.
I doubt you'd be satisfied with a LR compared to a Model X. FWIW people I know who owned LR only complained about reliability issue and never got another one. After all it's just another ICE SUV.

You are probably not used to the wait, but I am sure many people here have custom ordered German cars that take at least 2 months to get here. I have personally done a few European deliveries where it requires ordering / reservation few months in advance, and after delivery in Munich it takes another 2 months to re-deliver to west coast.

If you don't want to wait you can always get an inventory car. Someone said they got a 90d for the price of a 75d.

I hope everyone understands I'm just dealing with buyers remorse having to deal with purchase without even getting to enjoy car.

I don't understand you at all. While I was waiting for my $100k Tesla (for four months in those days) I didn't have even one tinge of regret. It was all excitement and anticipation for me. Than again, I would have never come to this forum and said this:

I feel like on this site I constantly have to play Devils Advocate because there is no one to take the other side of the coin to have a informative debate.

It's a Tesla forum and you're surprised it's slanted towards Tesla? Seriously? Besides that, there are people here who do take the other side, many more people who take Tesla's side, plus there a lot of people who look at the issue at hand and then form an opinion.

Oh, and of course, there's also people who like to stir the pot, and thrive on conflict, and just can't relax and enjoy life.

Reactions: madodel

Cool answer though.

The Model X is not right for you. In fact, Tesla is not right for you. Don't execute the MVPS. You'll be out $2500, but better that than taking a bath that will cost you tens of thousands.

Head on over to a Range Rover dealer and get the gee-whiz seat gizmos you really want. Nothing wrong with that.