Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't a $100K Raven X do what a $50K Chevy does with its cameras?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
except there's not enough visibility in front of the car due to the camera positioning. This includes front fenders and in front of the hood where there are significant "Dead zones"

True there might be some dead zones with the way they are positioned. I think they could improve the views with what they do have. It might be that they know it would look poorly compared to the competing systems and will only do it, when they feel they can do it right. But it doesn't also mean we can't look forward to having it as a future option. Who knows, they could even offer upgrades to current cameras with wider lens or a 2nd camera, just for parking/trailer-maneuvering. Kind of like the back of an iPhone 11 Pro ;)

I miss having 360 from above, the front camera view and some other things (especially the sound system) that were features on my Mercedes S550. I do understand that the cameras on the Tesla are used by autopilot, recording...etc etc. One thing I don't miss? Having to put 93 octane in my S550 every few days. A/B/C service that cost hundreds of dollars each time and had to be done at least two times per year.

Give and take folks....we can't have everything...all the time.

Reactions: Blastphemy