Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't I edit my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may want to add the 20" wheels to my order and after logging into my Tesla Account > Manage > View Design Details I get this screen

No where does it allow me to "edit my order". If I can convince my wife I would like to add the 20" wheels after getting the $3K price cut.

FYI I haven't received a VIN and my application for financing was approved and I have received the detailed MVPA that outlines all the costs to include how much I owe at delivery, what I'm financing, and even the monthly payment. I even uploaded my Insurance data and that the task I'm still on hold at.

Thanks in advance

After a while you can no longer edit the order directly on the website. Contact your adviser (if you have one), chat with Tesla support, or call your assigned delivery center, and they will adjust the order themselves. My soon-to-be-cancelled edit to Performance Stealth with Inductions was handled that way. It may take about 48 hours for edit request in their computer to show up on your order page.

I went to edit to get the lower price and was told the delivery team would have to unlock my a account and handle it on Monday. Wondering if this means I'm in a different stage now. Still no VIN.

I also don't want to do anything that will delay my place in line. Is there a verdict anywhere on if editing resets your place in line?

Edit my design had left my account page, found this link from a Facebook forum to edit my design. it worked.
saving $2k on awd, blue/black, fsd, Gemini

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Switch out ur Rn number with the ##

I talked to a sales rep yesterday, he said, they weren’t told the process yet on how to modify orders, they would find out in a few days-recommended to call back then.

Edit my design had left my account page, found this link from a Facebook forum to edit my design. it worked.

I talked to a sales rep yesterday, he said, they weren’t told the process yet on how to modify orders, they would find out in a few days-recommended to call back then.
Thanks for this, it worked for me. I changed my color.

Reactions: SteveinATX

Found this through a google search. Unfortunately, this URL doesn't work. I put in my RN number, and it went back to the Tesla account page. :( Tried to change from LR AWD 7 seater to a performance Y. Didn't work. My SA said he changed it for me.

This helped! Thank you!

For Canada - I just used tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/profile?=rn=RN***** and it worked fine for me.

I upgraded my wheels to the 20" induction wheels over the 19" Gemini as the Gemini are cheaper to get used or aftermarket. My goal is to have 2 sets for summer and winter.

Interesting to note, this did not immediately change my delivery date even though this config has a quicker delivery time (Est June) with this config (white/black interior/20" wheels/no tow/no FSD.

I will see if it changes the delivery time in 24hrs and post back if it does.

Thanks again!

This helped! Thank you!

For Canada - I just used tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount/profile?=rn=RN***** and it worked fine for me.

I upgraded my wheels to the 20" induction wheels over the 19" Gemini as the Gemini are cheaper to get used or aftermarket. My goal is to have 2 sets for summer and winter.

Interesting to note, this did not immediately change my delivery date even though this config has a quicker delivery time (Est June) with this config (white/black interior/20" wheels/no tow/no FSD.

I will see if it changes the delivery time in 24hrs and post back if it does.

Thanks again!

Just be warned that link does change your price to the latest. Unsure if you had an older order or not.

Just be warned that link does change your price to the latest. Unsure if you had an older order or not.
Just going to the link without hitting confirm to change order? I can imagine the conversation in some households:

Spouse 1: Honey, about our pending Tesla order, now we have to pay $8k more
Spouse 2: What did you do?
Spouse 1: I just got an url from a random site on the Internet, replaced it with our RN and went to the url

:)

• Funny
Reactions: GOGR33N
Just going to the link without hitting confirm to change order? I can imagine the conversation in some households:

Spouse 1: Honey, about our pending Tesla order, now we have to pay $8k more
Spouse 2: What did you do?
Spouse 1: I just got an url from a random site on the Internet, replaced it with our RN and went to the url

:)
LOL i can imagine that too.

for anyone concerned, i confirmed that the MY order changed in my wife's mobile app too.

I may want to add the 20" wheels to my order and after logging into my Tesla Account > Manage > View Design Details I get this screen

No where does it allow me to "edit my order". If I can convince my wife I would like to add the 20" wheels after getting the $3K price cut.

FYI I haven't received a VIN and my application for financing was approved and I have received the detailed MVPA that outlines all the costs to include how much I owe at delivery, what I'm financing, and even the monthly payment. I even uploaded my Insurance data and that the task I'm still on hold at.

Thanks in advance
After a few week following initial order you can no longer alter the order. I tried to upgrade to the larger wheels after about 6 weeks, but couldn't. Told me if I wanted the larger wheels I'd have to cancel and reorder. That meant incurring any price increases and going to the back of the queue again!!!. Stayed with the standard wheels!

After a few week following initial order you can no longer alter the order. I tried to upgrade to the larger wheels after about 6 weeks, but couldn't. Told me if I wanted the larger wheels I'd have to cancel and reorder. That meant incurring any price increases and going to the back of the queue again!!!. Stayed with the standard wheels!
Yea good call. Plus all the price increases! It just went up again!

If your stuck on getting the upgraded wheels I’d recommend you buy them now or immediately after you pick up your car (limit tread wear on current wheels) and then sell the standard tires on rims. They still get a decent amount on the market.

Alternatively, keep them and use for road trips or sell to someone who will use them for winter tires in the northern states.

It’s always good to have an extra set of tires on rims :)

thanks it worked for me also ...