Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't I edit my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit my design had left my account page, found this link from a Facebook forum to edit my design. it worked.
saving $2k on awd, blue/black, fsd, Gemini

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Switch out ur Rn number with the ##

I talked to a sales rep yesterday, he said, they weren’t told the process yet on how to modify orders, they would find out in a few days-recommended to call back then.
it works still. No price bump

Reactions: MelsM3P
Still works for me but sometimes you have to enter the URL, login to the account, it will take you to your dashboard, then enter the URL again and then it brings you to the EDIT design page. Or click manage for your order on the dashboard and then enter the URL again. Other times it seems to bring me right in.

If you have already completed financing options, that locks the car configuration (since altering the options changes the price and invalidates the financing).

Solution is to have an SA remove your financing - you'll then be free to edit config to taste, and have to re-apply for any financing again.

Caution - depending on timing, that could bump your locked interest rate up. Also note that you'll shuffle thru the EDD system when in no-financing state, but it usually returns to a reasonable date once everything is set again.

I just successfully edited my order... changed it from black to white interior.

However... without notice it also changed my delivery date from 4 months from now (October 2022) to March 2023. If I had known, I wouldn't have made the change.

Its now extremely unlikely I will get a Tesla. I can't wait that long.

I just successfully edited my order... changed it from black to white interior.

However... without notice it also changed my delivery date from 4 months from now (October 2022) to March 2023. If I had known, I wouldn't have made the change.

Its now extremely unlikely I will get a Tesla. I can't wait that long.
it use to tell you making any changes could cause delays in delivery

here it is

Attachments

• yes.png
    yes.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 192
Edit my design had left my account page, found this link from a Facebook forum to edit my design. it worked.
saving $2k on awd, blue/black, fsd, Gemini

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Switch out ur Rn number with the ##

I talked to a sales rep yesterday, he said, they weren’t told the process yet on how to modify orders, they would find out in a few days-recommended to call back then.
worked for me as well.
had to go to the "Manage" page first, and then pasted the URL I had put together with the above suggestion.

While I was able to update my order design - i don't have any idea yet if the EDD will change. My original order was red; I changed to blue; then changed back to red! 🙄🙄🙄 i know its my fault. ok can't do anything now but to see what happens.

I changed my Model Y to have the 7 seater option but the date didn't change :(

I wanted it to change to next year for the tax credit. Has anyone else tried the same thing?
What is your order date and current EDD?
Your best bet is to change your order to a no option order....white or MSM, black seats, 19", 5 seats, no tow, no FSD, no EAP. That should delay the order the most as Tesla hates delivering cheap cars. But even that will depend on your order date. If you ordered March or later you should have your EDD into 2023 with a no option order.

Reactions: voxel
What is your order date and current EDD?
Your best bet is to change your order to a no option order....white or MSM, black seats, 19", 5 seats, no tow, no FSD, no EAP. That should delay the order the most as Tesla hates delivering cheap cars. But even that will depend on your order date. If you ordered March or later you should have your EDD into 2023 with a no option order.
current delivery is Estimated Delivery: September 17 - October 22

removed the 7 seats and changed from white to black seats, everything else as you said.

Still the same estimated delivery date.

I ordered oct/nov of 2021

current delivery is Estimated Delivery: September 17 - October 22

removed the 7 seats and changed from white to black seats, everything else as you said.

Still the same estimated delivery date.

I ordered oct/nov of 2021
If it changes the EDD it often takes 1-5 days to reflect that change. If it doesn't change then I guess your order is old enough that it won't affect the EDD. I went the opposite way of changing my no option order to an option order and my EDD improved by 4 months.