Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't Tesla make a decent media player?

Are you satisfied with the current media player

• Yes

• No

• Not perfect but I can live with it

• Not Important To Me

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shuffle is still maddeningly not random.
Agreed

I've noticed that the most recent update broke albums with different artists, previously they would all be under one album now the car has separate albums for each artist with a track in each so one cd became 12 different ones though they previously were handled as one album by the car on the first 8.0 update.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
let me be clear, i love my car! it really feels like i'm driving something special. i've had quite a few luxury german cars, and my model s makes me happier than those did. drives like a dream. and i praise the innovation and future trajectory of Tesla. super proud of my car. i'm not a hater.

BUT this pos media player is a MOTHER EFFING joke. i like the native tune-in integration to listen to podcasts, but that's it (i have a couple issues about that too, but I'm not a complainer, i swear). i mostly listen to music through BT on my phone, and the fact that i cant browse my playlist and songs in the interface is simply ridiculous for 2017. someone mentioned the BMW interface, and yea, it's super complicated and the menus are so deep you can get lost in it, but after a month i was able to find my playlist, pick my song, and play it, barely taking my eyes off the road using the selector wheel or even using the steering wheel controls! (ok kinda cheating because i could navigate all of it through the heads up displayed on the windshield) Both BMW and Mercedes have their bluetooth media interface tech down cold.

t's clear the media player got like 10 min of their time. and you know what, i'm totally ok with it as long as they're aware of it and are working on it. but in its current form, it's absolutely subpar.

this is not related to the interface itself, but my radio is a lot worse too. must be an antenna issue, but this radio reception is the worst i've ever heard. can't get the AM station i listen to every day (ESPNLA) to play without static, and it is not like that in my other cars. i had a lincoln and infiniti rental while my car was in the shop, and the stations are crystal clear. it's even worse than than the radio on my GMC yukon, which has similarly bad reception.

please, Elon, i know you have a LOT of stuff going on, and I respect the crap out of your companies.... but i NEED song/playlist browsing controls in the interface through the bluetooth phone. please.