TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why can't we access the camera feeds from the app?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Debo, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Debo

Debo Member

Am I missing something here? Seems that we should be able to load either camera feed into the app like every other connected camera out there.

2. brkaus

brkaus Member

What camera?

The front camera, from what everyone says, does all the processing inside of it and never passes on an image. Just data to direct the car.

The rear camera is pass through onto the screen with no processing.

Given tesla is paying for data, doubt they would want to stream camera feeds over the app even if it was possible.

3. eclipxe

eclipxe Member

Yes, you are missing something. This is not a connected camera, it is a car.

• Dislike x 1
  4. tom66

tom66 Member

The touchscreen doesn't process the camera image, the image is drawn directly to the display without any in-between by an "FPGA"...effectively this means there is no way to extract the image.

5. Debo

Debo Member

Ah, that makes a bit of sense. Sure wish it did. I would love to get live feeds from it when it sits in a parking lot...