TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why charge like this

Discussion in 'Model S' started by X Fan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. X Fan

X Fan Member

Leaving coast to escape Hurricane; could be many that will need at Warsaw to charge enroute to Raleigh and this guy decides to be a jerk.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

#2 theslimshadyist, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    I guess that he/she is just learning how to park (incorrectly) or appears to be a legend in his/her own mind. ;).

• Funny x 1
  3. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

It's really hard to park a Model S straight in the lines.

/kidding

• Funny x 1
  4. outie

outie Member

It's hard to park straight in an empty lot.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
  5. X Fan

X Fan Member

Actually 4 pulled in while i was there.

In any event, an older man with his wife and brand new to Tesla- 3 weeks.....really nice people who didn't know about sc protocols, etc. Gave them info plus told them about Destination chargers. EV planner, etc.

Should be something the service advisor does at pickup.

6. TMobe

TMobe I have forgotten more than I remember

SC protocols?? This is simple driving/parking protocols. Nice people...fine... but parking like that and leaving it! Really lame.

7. hsctiger93

hsctiger93 Member

Yeah, no excuse for taking up 1.5 spaces. Colonel Slade (Al Pacino) from Scent of a Woman could have parked better...

• Like x 1
  8. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

We used to have a guy at work that parked like this until we parked two cars tight to him and went to the bar.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

We used to have a guy at my old job who would park like this too. Sometimes he'd run his SUV onto the curb with 1 wheel. One time we came out and saw he had 2 of his wheels on the curb and his SUV was lopsidedly hanging off of it (corner parking spot).

A few months later he was fired. We found out that he would often come to work drunk, and had liquor at his desk.

Explains the parking job, I guess.

10. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Surprised no one has mentioned this, but I'm assuming he didn't want anyone to plug in to the paired Supercharger which would decrease his charge rate. Although it's a complete jerk thing to do because there is only a narrow window where he would have his rate decreased. I'm guessing some people do this at wide open Superchargers because some drivers don't know about the A/B pairing. But that totally doesn't justify the behavior.

11. TMobe

TMobe I have forgotten more than I remember

I hope its just a bad park job and lack of consideration. Since he is a 3 week new Tesla driver he probably doesn't know about the shared circuit and I would hope he didn't do what you suggest. YIKES :eek: That would be awful.