Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Costco cannot put tires on my MS

apple0315

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
It's time to replace the tires. Any good deal? I went to Costco and they said they can order the tires for me cannot put it on for me. Anyone knows why is that?

realtycoon

Apr 5, 2016
Toronto
Just the way it is. They are too busy the way it is that they just can't be bothered with trying to learn how to changes tires on a Tesla.

Lots of great shops in the GTA who are very price competitive with Costco and can take care of you.

5_+JqckQttqck

Apr 27, 2018
Toronto
Any tire shop can put tires on rims and balance them and put them on your car. Just make sure they have the lift pads for the lift points and know the torque specs for your Tesla model.

richyrich

Apr 13, 2018
Ottawa
FYI this is not a Costco policy thing - my local has happily done mine twice, they have some of the lift pads of their own and even have a guy who "specializes" in Teslas and came out to chat with me about the car last time. I really like going there above anywhere else - decent prices on tires help too.

Got another Costco in town?

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
From I read on the forums this is a hit or miss thing with Costcos across North America. Some will, some won't.

richyrich

Apr 13, 2018
Ottawa
Yeah so strange that they vary so much, must be up to the local manager.

My store also does TPMS - last year I turned up with new rims, new TPMS and they put those together with new tires to set me up for winter. I guess I got lucky to have a good store!

martind3

May 14, 2019
Ottawa
Yeah so strange that they vary so much, must be up to the local manager.

My store also does TPMS - last year I turned up with new rims, new TPMS and they put those together with new tires to set me up for winter. I guess I got lucky to have a good store!
Which location?

jkoya

NA2 NSX
Nov 21, 2018
Northern CA
A few years ago, the Costco near me in Northern CA refused to sell me tires because I had aftermarket wheels. He told me this in front of a Costco display of aftermarket wheels they have for sale......

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC