TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Why Costco cannot put tires on my MS

Discussion in 'Canada' started by apple0315, Sep 27, 2019.

1. apple0315

apple0315 Member

It's time to replace the tires. Any good deal? I went to Costco and they said they can order the tires for me cannot put it on for me. Anyone knows why is that?

2. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

Just the way it is. They are too busy the way it is that they just can't be bothered with trying to learn how to changes tires on a Tesla.

Lots of great shops in the GTA who are very price competitive with Costco and can take care of you.

3. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Any tire shop can put tires on rims and balance them and put them on your car. Just make sure they have the lift pads for the lift points and know the torque specs for your Tesla model.

4. richyrich

richyrich Member

FYI this is not a Costco policy thing - my local has happily done mine twice, they have some of the lift pads of their own and even have a guy who "specializes" in Teslas and came out to chat with me about the car last time. I really like going there above anywhere else - decent prices on tires help too.

Got another Costco in town?

• Informative x 1
  5. Nixx

Nixx Member

FWIW - Costco in Regina cannot change tires. Nor will they get the TPMS if you want them to put together rims and rubber.

6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

From I read on the forums this is a hit or miss thing with Costcos across North America. Some will, some won't.

7. richyrich

richyrich Member

Yeah so strange that they vary so much, must be up to the local manager.

My store also does TPMS - last year I turned up with new rims, new TPMS and they put those together with new tires to set me up for winter. I guess I got lucky to have a good store!

8. martind3

martind3 Member

Which location?

9. richyrich

richyrich Member

Kanata.

• Helpful x 1
  10. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

A few years ago, the Costco near me in Northern CA refused to sell me tires because I had aftermarket wheels. He told me this in front of a Costco display of aftermarket wheels they have for sale......