TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why dealership associations should be Tesla's best frenemy.

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by domenick, Mar 20, 2014.

1. domenick

domenick Nerd

I just had an opinion piece published on AutoblogGreen – Why dealerships should embrace Tesla's direct sales competition – that looks at the situation a bit differently than other articles I've seen.

Basically I'm saying, the dealership associations have already lost this war, so they might as well prepare for a future where the two different sales models will live side-by-side.

*Mods, there are a number of threads around this topic, though none specifically addressing the issue from this angle. Feel free, of course, to merge this with another if you see fit.

2. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

Well written, Domenick. It's freshly stated advice to dealers. The common sense may still go over their heads, but I vote that your post remains at the head of its own thread.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Interesting article - and some well thought out arguments. I'll leave it as a separate thread for now until/unless the head moderator beats up on me. :tongue: