Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Did First Production go May-July?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had two reservations, one which I will take delivery for at the end of the month God willing, and the other I was going to wait for P version, in any case my second reservation like my first said it was ready to configure and I can configure now or hold, I did neither for the time being. Now it says May-July, so my concern is that are they not doing any production between now and May? Cause as it is, I was curious how so many people in different states got cars and SOME in Cali were still waiting to configure, or get VIN assigned.

I am rooting for Tesla all the way and love their cars, but I fear that majority of these reservations are not long term fans like myself and these regular folks who are use to buying cars in a regular fashion may cause a ton of cancellations. I hope Tesla can use some of the cash and get some consultation done to really gets production handled efficiently and done with quality considering what some owners have reported.

On a side note it now seems like Dual Motor will be available with both battery sizes? I don't think was the case before.

in any case my second reservation like my first said it was ready to configure and I can configure now or hold, I did neither for the time being. Now it says May-July..

Wait, so you're saying you have TWO reservations, BOTH were ready to configure prior to the most recent delivery estimate update.. you chose not to configure, but now they show as "May-July 2018" and you can no longer configure either reservation??

If that's true, sounds like an error to me.

Wait, so you're saying you have TWO reservations, BOTH were ready to configure prior to the most recent delivery estimate update.. you chose not to configure, but now they show as "May-July 2018" and you can no longer configure either reservation??

If that's true, sounds like an error to me.
One I configured before the estimates changed, the other I did not, kind of left it as is, and it got pushed back, does not matter as I will get the P model which will not be until way later. Just weird how it happened.

One I configured before the estimates changed, the other I did not, kind of left it as is, and it got pushed back, does not matter as I will get the P model which will not be until way later. Just weird how it happened.
Mine says Apr-Jun, non-owner 1st day online reservation. I want to say sorry, but it's more like sorry not sorry. Maybe Tesla doesn't want to wait too long to spread some love to non-owners as well, I ain't complaining.

I also have two reservations and one is first day deposit holder plus one in May. I would like to get my first M3 as soon as possible was also pushed back to May or later. Second one I wanted to wait for dual motor. Let's get these going soon please as my engine in my Honda just blew up and will have to now invest 4 grand into an engine sucks.